Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lakeshore lifts?

MalibuWantToBe

Guys,

I know there have been a few of these asking for advise on lifts, and I think I read all of them, only one mentioned Lakeshore specifically. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand of lifts.

Lakeshore Lifts, also know as LSP inc. Website is http://www.lakeshoreproducts.com/.

It would be for my 2008 VTX.

Thanks

Edited by MalibuWantToBe

I know someone thats sells shorestation and they are a LSP dealer as well. He said they mostly sell the LSP pontoon cantilever when the customer is in really shallow water. Not to say that the LSP vertical lift isn't as good, he hasn't seen one. They just don't push them in a deeper water application for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
I know someone thats sells shorestation and they are a LSP dealer as well. He said they mostly sell the LSP pontoon cantilever when the customer is in really shallow water. Not to say that the LSP vertical lift isn't as good, he hasn't seen one. They just don't push them in a deeper water application for some reason.

I bought a used 4000lb shorestation with the Commander 12v electric motor late this past winter and am very happy with it. It is well made and works perfect. This is an additional lift set next to my dock. I looked at other free standing lifts and I felt this was the better one. The cantilever I looked at was Hewitt (sp) have not seen the LSP. I also have an overhead cable lift (eastcoast lifts) on my dock and wish it had the Commander key fob feature the shorestation has but I guess you could put that setup on any of the free standing lifts.

Thanks for the posts. I'm pretty much talked out of Lakeshore, as it got a few mediocre reviews from people. The price difference was hard to beat, but in addition to the reviews I compared the lakeshore next to the shorestation and I saw somethings I didn't love. The lakeshore uses wooden bunks, so on a two year old lift I saw that the bunks were sagging. Shorestation now uses aluminum bunks and they looked great. A couple of small issues like that.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the posts. I'm pretty much talked out of Lakeshore, as it got a few mediocre reviews from people. The price difference was hard to beat, but in addition to the reviews I compared the lakeshore next to the shorestation and I saw somethings I didn't love. The lakeshore uses wooden bunks, so on a two year old lift I saw that the bunks were sagging. Shorestation now uses aluminum bunks and they looked great. A couple of small issues like that.

Thanks again.

Do yourself a favor and check out the Harbor Master Elite lift. It has a unique design that is simple and very well built. They are built in the Grand Rapids MI area and our lake is loaded with them. I've had mine for over 10 years and love it. As for the wooden bunks "sagging", the good thing about wooden bunks is that they bend some to conform to the bottom of your boat therefore giving you a better, more uniform fit. Aluminum bunks can only support on the high spots of your hull as they have hardly any flex. My bunks flexed from day one and after ten years have yet to need replacement. When they do need to be replaced it's a simple fix. Good luck on your search. harbor-master.com

Edited by Boatman