Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

3 days and I finally pick up my new 2009 VLX

wilhelmwake

Long wait from 2008 August will be rewarded on Friday Thumbup.gif

I will finally have the pleasure of picking up my new 2009 VLX from the dealer, needless to say I really can't wait Drool.gifClap.gifClap.gifClap.gif

I have seen the boat already once, but they have now added some bits that I have not seen like tower lights, bow cover, road cover was made for, etc etc.

I hope it was already Friday Cry.gif

She is finally home, will post some pics as I take them. Just spend today trying to clean the scum that the factory had left. Nothing serious, but just some drilling waste in the pilge, cable ties, pieces of fiberglass etc. Also installed my GPS and put all the boating gear in. Lost one of those tower quick release pins in Germany while driving on Autobahn Mad.gif Luckily the other one held the tower up until I noticed it. Now I have to get a new one and this is going to postpone getting her wet, aaargh!

Sweet boat though, really love the interior and the new throttle. Have to work on the Stereo also since it is whyning while the engine is on.

I noticed one annoying thing about the boat, The midship drain plug is not in the lowest point of the hull (in the centre). It is to the left from the centre and it also has a 3-4mm color (not flush to the pilge surface), this prevents the pilge from emptying properly. Hopefully wont get much water in the pilge, but from the dealer engine setuop the pilge had some water.

Can't wait to get her on the water, will post pics soon!

She is finally home, will post some pics as I take them. Just spend today trying to clean the scum that the factory had left. Nothing serious, but just some drilling waste in the pilge, cable ties, pieces of fiberglass etc. Also installed my GPS and put all the boating gear in. Lost one of those tower quick release pins in Germany while driving on Autobahn Mad.gif Luckily the other one held the tower up until I noticed it. Now I have to get a new one and this is going to postpone getting her wet, aaargh!

Sweet boat though, really love the interior and the new throttle. Have to work on the Stereo also since it is whyning while the engine is on.

I noticed one annoying thing about the boat, The midship drain plug is not in the lowest point of the hull (in the centre). It is to the left from the centre and it also has a 3-4mm color (not flush to the pilge surface), this prevents the pilge from emptying properly. Hopefully wont get much water in the pilge, but from the dealer engine setuop the pilge had some water.

Can't wait to get her on the water, will post pics soon!

Awesome. Maybe you can find the right size bolt for the tower for temporary use. I have seen posts of people losing their tower pins. You need to make sure to rotate the pin after putting it in. I can't imagine mine getting loose enough to rotate up in order to bounce out.

As for garbage, I had the same thing tucked inside the passenger side, tucked out of sight - wire ends, zip ties etc. I thought it was pretty Lame.gif after all the hype about quality and pride of workmanship. People proud of their work usually don't go tossing scraps into the final product. Kind of reminds me of stories of wrenches inside car doors, or empty pop cans.

You will need to post up some pics of where you go boating in Finland also, I am curious to see the scenery.

hey wilhelm,

congrats for takin her home! I have noticed the last time I was on the lake, that one bolt was loose in his fitting. Thank god, I didn't loose it!

I have SP 3 and also a very high tone while the motor is running. On the amplifiers there are no switches to turn that off. What steps do you take?

But at least I haven't had such a mess like you in your boat. My boat was clean (aslo the bilge), just some small carpet-parts in the driversseat area. But I had some loose bolts and nuts!!! Thnak god, easy to fix...

The only thing I really have to critisise is the cover of the boat. This is made for the US-market with their shore stations and sealifts and garages for their boats where the boat is exposed to rain, wind etc. A mastercraft in the same habour has the same crap-cover... bad! I decided to get a new cover which is applied over the tower so everything is under the cover! Does your boat stay in the water during the season?

rgds, chris.

hey wilhelm,

congrats for takin her home! I have noticed the last time I was on the lake, that one bolt was loose in his fitting. Thank god, I didn't loose it!

I have SP 3 and also a very high tone while the motor is running. On the amplifiers there are no switches to turn that off. What steps do you take?

But at least I haven't had such a mess like you in your boat. My boat was clean (aslo the bilge), just some small carpet-parts in the driversseat area. But I had some loose bolts and nuts!!! Thnak god, easy to fix...

The only thing I really have to critisise is the cover of the boat. This is made for the US-market with their shore stations and sealifts and garages for their boats where the boat is exposed to rain, wind etc. A mastercraft in the same habour has the same crap-cover... bad! I decided to get a new cover which is applied over the tower so everything is under the cover! Does your boat stay in the water during the season?

rgds, chris.

sorry about the hijack, but i would like to see a pic of that cover.

hey cervelo,

no problems, I will take some pictures next week. I have had on all my previous boats such covers... no big deal!

hey Chris,

I had a new stainless pin made and one was on its way from the Malibu factory via courier until today as it arrived. Fast service from malibu, so 2 thumbs up for that, but guess was it the right type of pin???? Just my luck they sent me a tower quick lock pin, but I guess it was for the Illusion X tower or something, since it has the locking groove in the wrong end. So it was a right decision to not wait for the Malibu response, but make one locally. Hopefully the next pin is of the right type.

I have decided not to moore the VLX all the time, basically just the sunny batches and if the forecast says that it is going to rain I will get her out of the water and back to my carport. I will moore her only as we are at our summer cottage during my vacation in July.

I would suggest everyone to read the instructions in the manual to properly adjust the tower quick lock pin, mine were wrongly adjusted = too loose.

I was also very dissapointed to one thing about the cover from the factory, I ordered the boat with 2 pairs of cleats and of course assumed that the cover comes equipped with holes to pull the cleats through the cover as you secure the boat to a jetty, but of no, it had no holes like my last MasterCraft cover had. I am pleased though that the cover appears to be of a high quality fabric, I think it is Sunbrella fabric like the bimini. I have to take the cover to a professional to cut the cleat holes to it and make reinforcements.

I will send you some photos as I wax it today.

I have not fixed the stereo yet, but I am 99% sure that they have not routed the RCA cables correctly (they are routed too close to the 12 volt power cables). I will tey fixing it in couple of days and I will write you a post of my findings.

Still have not had her on the water :(

• 1 month later...

hey guys,

I promised to post some pics of the new boat cover - cervelo, these are for you!

3619106452_2e07928e1d.jpg

fully covered/uncoverd in less than 2 minutes!

3619106648_ea431a6629.jpg

with zipper - in case you don't want to uncover the whole boat

3618287075_7be638c5b9.jpg

nice extra! :)

3619106892_d5d82ab639.jpg

you can let the biminitop open - no problem!

3618287237_3fa2b62eb8.jpg

boardracks turned inside - perfect storing place for wakebaords

3619107100_68cbbe52e8.jpg

nice!

I know the pics aren't the best - cellphone-cam! But the cover is great! You can leave everything in place, everthings dries perfectly after a day on the water ...

chris.