Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Vride Brochure

Ndawg12

Can someone point me in the right direction. I need a link to an archived brochure for the 2006 Vride. I know it exists, I remember seeing it somewhere on here a few months ago, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Reason: the lovely State of North Carolina charges a property tax on all vehicles every year (it's close to 2% of the estimated value!!). I'm trying to appeal my tax amount and this brochure could be one of my exhibits. I think the MSRP was $39,999. Three years later they are saying it's quite a bit more than that!!!

Please help, thanks to all.

I just dug up an old issue of WSM, there's a Malibu ad in it showing the iRide at $35,995*, Ride XTi at $36,995*, and vRide at $39,995*.

*Includes Precision Pro speed control, multi port fuel injection, Illusion X tower, and trailer. Freight, prep, and options not included.

Was there an independent vRide brochure? I have the full 2006 brochure in pdf that I'd be happy to send you, but I can't see anywhere that references price info. I could be missing it though.

Maybe it wasn't a seperate brochure but maybe an archived link on malibuboats.com for the 06'vride.

Got what I needed, thanks for everyone's help!!!

Hope that helped in lessening the tax on it. Let us know how it goes....39k for and '06 Vride.

I will submit my appeal tomorrow and I will keep yall' posted. But lets get some opinions, let just say hypothetically Whistling.gif what is an 06 vride worth that was used in the Florida salt water, not properly flushed, with 330 hrs, 340hp monsoon, tandem boatmate trailer. Keep in mind the value would be viewed differently in North Carolina as opposed to in Florida where salt or brackish use is the norm. Remember, hypothetically!!!

Throw some numbers at me.

I'm going to say not much more than $32k, anywhere in the country regardless of hours or options. It's a very tough market, lots & lots of boats without many buyers. This spring brought things up a little, but not nearly as much as a normal spring would & I think that (best case) things over the next year or so won't really get any better.

I live in NC and had a 06 Vride. I assume you are referring to county property tax on the boat itself. The tax type and rate one pays depends on your place of residency within the state. The tax on boats is just one of the many specific items included under the personal property tax. This is not a state tax. NC (except for certain special antique automobiles and airplanes), all personal property is assessed at 100% of its actual value.

I noticed the 2008-2009 TAX RATES PER $100 ASSESSED VALUATION per county here.

They had mine valued in the county where our boat resides at 35,000 last spring and paid about 350 bucks. I sold it without a trailer for 37,000 this time last year. However, things are much different now and I've seen 06 Vrides selling for very low 30's and upper 20's with trailer. I think many of us remember the new 08 Vrides for sale on here back in the winter for mid 30's. Not sure exactly how current the state computes their actual values.

Licensed boat trailers in NC are taxed the same as motor vehicles.

More than you wanted I'm sure, but just throwing it out there. Good luck on appeal.

I live in NC and had a 06 Vride. I assume you are referring to county property tax on the boat itself. The tax type and rate one pays depends on your place of residency within the state. The tax on boats is just one of the many specific items included under the personal property tax. This is not a state tax. NC (except for certain special antique automobiles and airplanes), all personal property is assessed at 100% of its actual value.

They had mine valued in the county where our boat resides at 35,000 last spring and paid about 350 bucks. I sold it without a trailer for 37,000 this time last year. However, things are much different now and I've seen 06 Vrides selling for very low 30's and upper 20's with trailer. I think many of us remember the new 08 Vrides for sale on here back in the winter for mid 30's. Not sure exactly how current the state computes their actual values.

More than you wanted I'm sure, but just throwing it out there. Good luck on appeal.

Yeah I guess I was calling it a state tax since I assumed every county and city in the state had a rate of some sort. I'm getting charged .8387% from Mecklenburg county and .4586% from the city of Charlotte. Since Wekeup shared his info I will too, they have my 06 vride valued at $41,180 thus resulting in total taxes of $534.23!!! Trust me when I tell you that I paid alot less than that for it. But i realize just because that's what I paid doesn't mean it should be valued at that but $41,180, that's ridiculous.

I just think it's a lack of research on someone's part, hopefully I can help shed some light on this for them.

Yeah I guess I was calling it a state tax since I assumed every county and city in the state had a rate of some sort. I'm getting charged .8387% from Mecklenburg county and .4586% from the city of Charlotte. Since Wekeup shared his info I will too, they have my 06 vride valued at $41,180 thus resulting in total taxes of $534.23!!! Trust me when I tell you that I paid alot less than that for it. But i realize just because that's what I paid doesn't mean it should be valued at that but $41,180, that's ridiculous.

I just think it's a lack of research on someone's part, hopefully I can help shed some light on this for them.

When you listed your taxes, did you put the actual figure you paid? I know our county has a block for that info.

Your current value should be based on actual value, not what the state thinks its worth. You should be able to send in your bill of sale, plus documentation of current value and they'll change it. That figure they have listed was more than what we paid for our 06 Vride in July of 06 brand new (without trailer).

Got to love taxes!!

Wakegirl, can you please send me the PDF for the 06 Vride. Thanks in advance!

PM me your email address & consider it done.

PM sent, Thanks Wakegirl.

Thank goodness we don't get hit with a personal property tax.

I have found that governments are not too eager to lower their assessment of value when it comes to tax. I owned a home a number of years ago that had a certain assessed value, which we payed tax on. We were in the process of selling to house, starting the listing at that price and after a year, finally sold it for significantly less than the assessors value. I then appealed the amount, sending in all the doucmentation, including what we ultimately could sell the house for. The appeal was denied, stating that, "Nope, this is what your house is worth". Huh? I moved on.

I have found that governments are not too eager to lower their assessment of value when it comes to tax. I owned a home a number of years ago that had a certain assessed value, which we payed tax on. We were in the process of selling to house, starting the listing at that price and after a year, finally sold it for significantly less than the assessors value. I then appealed the amount, sending in all the doucmentation, including what we ultimately could sell the house for. The appeal was denied, stating that, "Nope, this is what your house is worth". Huh? I moved on.

That's why I'm questioning how the tax figured, is it based on the sale price or what the market says it's worth. Either way I think we all agree that my assessed value of my 06' Vride is too high at $41,180. If it's soley based on sale price, how would they figure the tax if a brother (or really good buddy) sold a $40,000 boat to his brother for $20,000?

That's why I'm questioning how the tax figured, is it based on the sale price or what the market says it's worth. Either way I think we all agree that my assessed value of my 06' Vride is too high at $41,180. If it's soley based on sale price, how would they figure the tax if a brother (or really good buddy) sold a $40,000 boat to his brother for $20,000?

Good question! Since this is personal property let's assume it's similar to a home value.

As I have recently found out in real estate, only "arms length" sales are considered when coming up with comparable values (at least in my county in Illinois). Meaning a sale to a family member, a foreclosure, a bank short sale, etc. are not used in determining property values... only actual sales.

This makes it VERY difficult to get property values adjusted when you can't use any of these sales as comparables. Not many actual home sales are going through normal channels these days.

In addition, our values are based on a 3 year average with a 1 year lag. Meaning in 2009 they are taking a 3 year average of "arms length" home sales for 2005-2007. So the recent real estate market drop that began in 2008 won't start affecting our real estate taxes until 2010 even if I could find a valid comparable low priced sale.

I would imagine they do something similar for other personal property (boats). You may want to find out how they are calculating the value.

Good question! Since this is personal property let's assume it's similar to a home value.

As I have recently found out in real estate, only "arms length" sales are considered when coming up with comparable values (at least in my county in Illinois). Meaning a sale to a family member, a foreclosure, a bank short sale, etc. are not used in determining property values... only actual sales.

This makes it VERY difficult to get property values adjusted when you can't use any of these sales as comparables. Not many actual home sales are going through normal channels these days.

In addition, our values are based on a 3 year average with a 1 year lag. Meaning in 2009 they are taking a 3 year average of "arms length" home sales for 2005-2007. So the recent real estate market drop that began in 2008 won't start affecting our real estate taxes until 2010 even if I could find a valid comparable low priced sale.

I would imagine they do something similar for other personal property (boats). You may want to find out how they are calculating the value.

For boats in NC it's mainly a yearly x-ref in a database of current book values. Its not actual selling price, but it is the actual current value. You can buy a boat for a dollar, but you'll pay taxes on its current value.

Home is different. North Carolina law requires that all real property be assessed at fair market value as of January 1st of a revaluation year. The market value at the time of assessment is physically completed by a county appraiser about every five to ten years.

Does not mean it may be fair or correct. I've disputed both my permanent residence and my lake residence with success and was happy with the outcome. I did not supply any official documentation, just other home assessed values similar to mine but were listed a lot less.