Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hard Starting

Ok something new happened this weekend. After refuling, and riding some, we went to a cove to hang out after about an hour the boat started then shut off it did this several times, it would spit and spudder alot. After opening up the engine compartment and turning the blower off it fired and stayed running, but white smoke came out. It did this every time we stopped. I was thinking it might be the fuel filters? Any help?

Thanks

Ron

Edited by reagr

I'd check fuel, maybe change the filter. But white smoke is usually means your burning oil. see if your spark plugs are oily if they are Cry.gif

I'd check fuel, maybe change the filter. But white smoke is usually means your burning oil. see if your spark plugs are oily if they are Cry.gif

It there a part number for the filter and where is it located?

Thanks

I don't know why but I think you may have a sticky valve (by your description of spit and sputter), sounds like the white smoke may be bad valve guide. Have a compression check done on all the cylinders and see what happens. Once you determine those numbers you can follow that up with a leak down to rule out cylinder issues. As mentioned white smoke is oil Whistling.gif

Edit: If your lucky you may just have a bad plug

Edited by 68Slalom

It there a part number for the filter and where is it located?

Thanks

Not sure of location on your boat, you may also have two of them. Heres one > @ bakesonline