Sign in to follow this  
Chef23

What size wakeboard for my 10 year old

Chef23

I need to get a new wakeboard for my 10 year old's birthday. He is about 4'10" tall and weighs about 110 pounds. What size board should I get him. I want it to fit him for a while but I don't want it to be too big. He has been using a little Hydroslide board that is 119cm. Right now he can do some surface turns, come close to a wake to wake jump and one wake 180s.

I saw a 132cm board at Bart's is that too big? Any recommendations would be great including the best place to find a good deal.

WakeGirl

Somewhere in the 131 range would be good, & will fit him for 3+ years depending on how fast he grows. A 119 at his size would be pretty small & brutal on the landings. If you wanted to, you could bump him up to a 134-5, but it might be a bit large for him this year unless he's on a growth spurt right now. When that happens it almost seems like you can sit there & watch them grow out of their stuff. Crazy.gif

fijidaniel

I would say between 131 and 134. The 132 will work for a while even if it may seem a little big at first. The boards now are lighter and lighter, so I don't think he will have a problem handling it. Bindings will be a changing story for a while :)

I am just trying to think back to how tall I was at 10???

WakeGirl

Watch the board's width as well, because that will change the dynamic. A wider board will ride a little bigger, & vice versa. So you can use that to cheat a little if needed.

If he's 110 lbs already at 10, he's going to be a big kid.

Chef23
Watch the board's width as well, because that will change the dynamic. A wider board will ride a little bigger, & vice versa. So you can use that to cheat a little if needed.

If he's 110 lbs already at 10, he's going to be a big kid.

He is a big kid. I am hoping that we can keep him at his current weight and stretch him out a little. He is pretty good on the water as he skis the slalom course and trick skis in addition to wakeboarding. I just want to make sure he is on something that is fun right now. Off to search for good deals in the 130-134 range.