Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wake surf ??????

xericx

I am looking for a wake surf board that will be used behind a DD with a wedge. I am 6'0 and about 230, i have been looking at the Liquid Force Venture 5' 0" and the Hyperlite Broadcast 5'6. I would really like the price to be around the $200 range.

I ran on the broadcast last year. Great starter board for people of all sizes. After I got into it, I wanted a smaller board. I tried the coex from Hyperlite and got hooked. Ordered one up this year and can't wait to give it a run. MSRP is $310 but my guess you'll see a lot of $299 on the web. You could buy and older one and still be ok they've only been changing the graffics the last few years. My guess for under 200 you'll have to go used.

Edited by griswald

If all you're going to use as wake enhancement is the Wedge you're going to need a MUCH bigger board than the ones you're looking at. Check out the Landlock, or add some more weight to the boat.

If all you're going to use as wake enhancement is the Wedge you're going to need a MUCH bigger board than the ones you're looking at. Check out the Landlock, or add some more weight to the boat.

Go with the weight!

don't know where you are located but I am selling a Ronix stage 5'4" right now on CL. Probably only a good deal if your local. It is in perfect condition.

Edited by ruffdawg

I Got a 400lb fat sack, wedge and some bodies in the rear I think that will do it. sh#t i hope it will

Edited by xericx

That's a good start, you should be able to ride without the rope, but it's going to take a lot of work to stay in the pocket.

Start with that, you can always add more weight down the road.

Start with a big board, like the Landlock or LF Venture 66 (at least 5-1/2 feet long). You're just not going to get enough of a wake to keep a smaller board in the pocket. And you'll still be able to to a lot of tricks.

We surf more than we wakeboard. I have a landlock and it is a pig. Inland surfer blue lake or red tide are the way too go. super fast, super buoyant. Just because the land lock is HUGe doesnt mean it will float a big guy.

We surf more than we wakeboard. I have a landlock and it is a pig. Inland surfer blue lake or red tide are the way too go. super fast, super buoyant. Just because the land lock is HUGe doesnt mean it will float a big guy.

True. I have a much easier time staying in the pocket on my Walker 5.0 than I did trying my friend's Landlock. I go around 230 also.