Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What to do for a Floor??

Levi900RR

OK, So I completly removed the entire interior from my 93 Skier Euro F3 today... I have Chee building all new skins for me BUT... The big question I still have is what to do for a floor...? The only thing I have decited is that I do NOT want wall to wall carpet like what was there before...

Any ideas?? I want something that is super easy to clean and looks good.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions Thumbup.gif

OK, So I completly removed the entire interior from my 93 Skier Euro F3 today... I have Chee building all new skins for me BUT... The big question I still have is what to do for a floor...? The only thing I have decited is that I do NOT want wall to wall carpet like what was there before...

Teak deck would be unique and pretty cool, though pricey. Otherwise just paint it with fiberglass paint with the little color flecks, or maybe something like Rhino liner spray in would be good. Just don't get black.

My Carpet never completly dried out... I like to be able to pressure wash the inside of the boat, makes it easier to clean. What do you think about the vinyl marine flooring? I was thinking about using that and then putting some snap in carpets? Thoughts??

• 2 weeks later...

Teak deck would be unique and pretty cool, though pricey. Otherwise just paint it with fiberglass paint with the little color flecks, or maybe something like Rhino liner spray in would be good. Just don't get black.

OK, so I have a '93 Skier, and I've been waiting for Chee to phone me since January 30, to talk to me about making new skins for my 'Bu. How did you get him working on your skins so quickly? And, what kinds of colrs, etc did you have for the new skins he's making for you?

OK, so I have a '93 Skier, and I've been waiting for Chee to phone me since January 30, to talk to me about making new skins for my 'Bu. How did you get him working on your skins so quickly? And, what kinds of colrs, etc did you have for the new skins he's making for you?

I called Chee on his cell phone. He called me back within a day and we got the ball rolling. He gave me pretty much all the color choices I wanted. From Stock to current colors. I made some mods to the stock colors to get rid of the pink!!! If you search Chee in these forums you should find his cell #.

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered the Vinyl floor, it came in the wrong size!! When I went to West Marine to return it the guy there suggested their Non- Skid Floor paint. He told me that even with Vinyl flooring there is still a chance that Moisture is going to get trapped between the floor and flooring... He has me leaning towards the paint. Has anyone had experience with this before? Again I want a long lasting floor that is super easy to clean.

Thanks

i think the snap in an out carpert would work . the paint would do real good but do the prep work to the tee to make it last. second would be the spary in bedliner, i have done a few jon boats for duck hunters and add a touch of sand on top for grip . has been holding up good so far.the laying of floor over a floor would make a layer that would trap water .maybe taht will help

Before you go with snap on carpet check out the possibility of it shrinking over time. If the carpet shrinks at all the snaps will never fit in place. I have heard of this happening.

If you know someone who can paint (artist) what about painting water scenes, wake boards, boats, ect on the floor and then clear-coating it. Might look pretty cool and it would be very original.

• 3 weeks later...

So I Prepped and painted the floor with West Marine's Non Skid floor paint. It came out AWESOME. My upolstery guy should be done putting the new skins on this week so my interior make over is just about complete. The only thing left is the dash pannel and gauges. (which might have to wait till next year) the two mounting screws in the top of the dash pannel have stripped out so I think Im going to epoxy them back together and re-wrap the dash pannel in new vinyl.

Levi,

Do you mind posting some pics of your project? I've got an old ski boat (88 Ski Centurion) that needs a floor replacement and may go this route. I'd like to see how it turned out.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Here are some pics of the project as of today. I broke one of the cupholders putting them in and I still need to install the speakers. I love the floor. Its dry as a bone by the time I get home from the lake!

post-7837-1247149650_thumb.jpg

Here is a close up of the floor, not sure if you can see but there is just enough grit to make it non-slip but its not too hard on your feet. Not that I put a lot of miles on walking around on the boat...

post-7837-1247150060_thumb.jpg