Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maybe a stupid question - but I will ask anyways...

chuckc983

Do new Malibu's come with a fire extinguisher? If so - where is it, if not where does everyone keep theirs? I assume it is still a requirement for most boats.

They do not come with a Fire Extinguisher, life jackets for each person, anchor or flares. I'd bet 100 people will give you a hundred different answers to the location, but mine is behind the observer seat.

Peter

Mine is mounted under observer seat next to distress whistle.

I see most people mount them by the driver's foot area.

Mine did but I am not sure if it is from the factory or the dealer. I have never bought a boat that did not have one. many dealers include what they call a coast guard pack.

fire extinguisher

my be 4 cheep life vests

a paddle

an anchor

Do new Malibu's come with a fire extinguisher? If so - where is it, if not where does everyone keep theirs? I assume it is still a requirement for most boats.

If you bought new I would have thought your dealer would have thrown that and a few others things in for you :) Mine sits right next to the drivers seat next to the cup holder. Most people don't like it exposed but I would rather have quick access to it just in case. Maybe I'll move it this year since I've never had to use one in the last 15 yrs or so of boating. Now watch something happen Whistling.gif

Mine did but I am not sure if it is from the factory or the dealer. I have never bought a boat that did not have one. many dealers include what they call a coast guard pack.

fire extinguisher

my be 4 cheep life vests

a paddle

an anchor

I got all but the anchor Whistling.gif I'm calling my dealer, oh wait, I can't they are out of business.

There are no stupid questions

I think most dealers will "give" you one if it is needed to be legal on the state's lakes

I think everyone of my friends that bought a boat got the Coast guard required safety gear from their dealer.

Fire extinguisher, four of the nice orange life vests, a throw-able cushion, paddle. I think thats about it.

Oh, My extinguisher is within easy reach of the driver, right in front of my cup holder.

Can anyone tell me if a paddle is required per C.G.?

I don't think it is and I stopped packing both of mine. (1 for actual use, one for a back up)

They do not come with a Fire Extinguisher, life jackets for each person, anchor or flares. I'd bet 100 people will give you a hundred different answers to the location, but mine is behind the observer seat.

Peter

Mine did, I unwrapped it when it came off the trailer and it was already in the boat next to the driver's seat.

If you buy one from Bakes you do. Clap.gif