Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Tray Replacement

Blindside_137

Ahhh frustrated! just typed the whole post then for some reason it refreshed and was gone Cry.gif

I'll try this again.

Long story short, our engine tray melted in two areas over the manifolds due to improper winterization causing the engine to get extremely hot. Some other things needed being replaced including a wasted impeller but nothing too significant.

This happened during the 3 minute trip to the ramp from the boat house in march when we were taking the VLX out and to the dealer for new wetsounds goodies and make it right program.

Anyway, we got the boat back two weeks ago when it was most convenient for us to take back to the boat house but the engine tray was not in yet.

Now it is and my dad got a call the other day and the dealer is telling him it is 115.95 + tax of 7.83. The crazy part is the shipping bill of 105.00!!! Crazy.gif

That makes the total come out to 228.78 for an engine tray! My dad does a lot with the shipping industry and thinks it's a joke that the shipping is that expensive for the tray. And the thread a few down from this is two years old and it was 100 dollars cheaper then!!

Any idea what is the deal here? Dontknow.gif

Edited by Blindside_137
Ahhh frustrated! just typed the whole post then for some reason it refreshed and was gone Cry.gif

I'll try this again.

Long story short, our engine tray melted in two areas over the manifolds due to improper winterization causing the engine to get extremely hot. Some other things needed being replaced including a wasted impeller but nothing too significant.

This happened during the 3 minute trip to the ramp from the boat house in march when we were taking the VLX out and to the dealer for new wetsounds goodies and make it right program.

Anyway, we got the boat back two weeks ago when it was most convenient for us to take back to the boat house but the engine tray was not in yet.

Now it is and my dad got a call the other day and the dealer is telling him it is 115.95 + tax of 7.83. The crazy part is the shipping bill of 105.00!!! Crazy.gif

That makes the total come out to 228.78 for an engine tray! My dad does a lot with the shipping industry and thinks it's a joke that the shipping is that expensive for the tray. And the thread a few down from this is two years old and it was 100 dollars cheaper then!!

Any idea what is the deal here? Dontknow.gif

Try a different dealer.........I think the dealer is making a lot of money on the shipping........possibly.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Where did you end up finding a used one at? If i have a three door system instead of a 2 i should still be able to use this right?

Contact Peter @ Smooth Water (he is a member here). The shipping charge to you is whatever the actual cost of shipping is, at least in all my dealings with him. Fair prices on parts as well.

Been considering building a heavy duty engine tray for our VTX as someone stepped on ours and has cracks round the edges and has happened before. Has anyone built one? Or have any good fab ideas? Was thinking HDPE or UHMW but would get real expensive fast but would be very durable except hard fro me to figure out how to "hang" it in there as any material used is thicker than the plastic tray. Thought about using 1/4" aluminum "L" bracket and bolt it to the sides so it would hang in there and maybe drill holes in the material used so air/engine heat would still warm the jackets/vest ect... Maybe some of us can come up w a good design we can all copy and use