Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 247 and Thanks to the Crew

malibudog

Hey Crew: I just got the new Malibu a few weeks ago. Have been LIVING on the boat ever since, and only came into the house now: 1) to see if I could avoid divorce; and 2) to post some thanks and some pix. First the thanks: I started reading TheMalibuCrew.com last fall, and am fully addicted. I know a lot of you post and read stuff just for fun, but the result is a tremendous information resource. I got info on boat size, engine size, bimini tops, board racks, ballast sacks, color selections, electronics and anything else you can think of off this site. I bought from a GREAT dealer (Atlanta Inboard), and they gave me a lot of info on these subjects, but nothing beats being able to read all the different and sometimes conflicting opinions from different owners who chime in on this forum. It really helped. Thanks to all of you.

New boat pix: I previously had a 2001 Sunsetter LSV, and loved it for skiing. Last summer, we started wakesurfing, and the diamond hull plus the lack of any ballast, or any wedge made it difficult to get a good surf wake without lots of ballast on the seats/etc (see divorce note above). Ordered the 247 after test driving 4 different Mastercrafts, one Nautique and three Malibu's. My wife and I loved the surf wake behind the 247. Added a partial wrap with a surf theme (through the dealer), and went with a somewhat unique color scheme. We love it!!! I know we still have some things to add (ballast in the trunks, about 5000 LED lights, 10-15 tower speakers, etc), but we can't stop surfing long enough to do any of that.

Here are some pix. Thanks again.

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

Love the boat, but really I am so jealous that you live on the water. So you got an awesome boat, and you can go use it at any time. Yeah my wife would be giving me ultimatums of get your but in here or else.

WOW!

I like the tan color, very unique, I like it! You definately have a sweet set up there. Looks like a sweet slice of heaven.

Congrats! Rockon.gif

Congrats on the boat, I love the partial wrap...not sure how I feel about the purple, but the rest looks great! Have fun with it!

Where are you located that the water is so brown like that?

Love the boat, but really I am so jealous that you live on the water. So you got an awesome boat, and you can go use it at any time. Yeah my wife would be giving me ultimatums of get your but in here or else.

Plus1.gif

nice boat.

if you like surfing you have to try the phase 5 scamp (newest and least expensive phase 5 board).

I got rid of our phase 5 oogle with the old boat (too big), still have the prop and icon but the the scamp is really a lot of fun.

do you not worry about the rope rubbing the gelcoat by tying to the ski pylon?

Muddy water is in Lake Oconee, in Georgia. Georgia Power built the lake in the 70's, the algae/plant growth hasn't developed on the bottom (which is otherwise red Georgia clay), and we have had 19+ inches of rain this year. Muddy color won't settle out of the lake until the lake temp gets up in the mid-70's in a couple weeks. I get really jealous when I see those of you with wake pictures in crystal clear water!!

Wrap and surf rope: We pull surfer's off the tower so no rope issue with the wrap. Wrap is surprisingly durable/tough. Nice thing is if you scrape a part of it, you can cut out that part, re-print it and put it back on.

Surf Boards: Just got the new Phase 5 Daniello. Fast board. Still learning to ride it. I was amazed at how much more mobile and how much faster it was than the CWB or the Hyperlite I had been riding. Night and day.

Thanks for all the comments on the 'Bu. Wouldn't expect everybody to love the colors or the wrap, but that is one of the things that makes Malibu Boats great - the ability to make it your own.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Crew: I just got the new Malibu a few weeks ago. Have been LIVING on the boat ever since, and only came into the house now: 1) to see if I could avoid divorce; and 2) to post some thanks and some pix. First the thanks: I started reading TheMalibuCrew.com last fall, and am fully addicted. I know a lot of you post and read stuff just for fun, but the result is a tremendous information resource. I got info on boat size, engine size, bimini tops, board racks, ballast sacks, color selections, electronics and anything else you can think of off this site. I bought from a GREAT dealer (Atlanta Inboard), and they gave me a lot of info on these subjects, but nothing beats being able to read all the different and sometimes conflicting opinions from different owners who chime in on this forum. It really helped. Thanks to all of you.

New boat pix: I previously had a 2001 Sunsetter LSV, and loved it for skiing. Last summer, we started wakesurfing, and the diamond hull plus the lack of any ballast, or any wedge made it difficult to get a good surf wake without lots of ballast on the seats/etc (see divorce note above). Ordered the 247 after test driving 4 different Mastercrafts, one Nautique and three Malibu's. My wife and I loved the surf wake behind the 247. Added a partial wrap with a surf theme (through the dealer), and went with a somewhat unique color scheme. We love it!!! I know we still have some things to add (ballast in the trunks, about 5000 LED lights, 10-15 tower speakers, etc), but we can't stop surfing long enough to do any of that.

Here are some pix. Thanks again.

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

Thanks for this post....

You have been such a great customer for so many years. I look forward to seeing you soon on Oconee.

Tell Mrs. MalibuDog to give you a little slack.....This is a serious toy. Us guys loose our minds when we get

a new toy...

Bryan

Atlanta Inboard, LLC Rockon.gif