Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Will a trailer that was buit for a...

Found a good deal on a tailer to put under my Echelon but, I need to know if a Boatmate trailer that was built for a 2005 Response will fit a 1993 Echelon.

My boat has the SV23 hull and the Response had the SV23 Diamond. I know that they have a different hull, but if I remember correctly the only difference was the "diamond" cut that was added to the edge of the chines. Can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone know if this would cause any issues fitting the Echelon on the trailer? I am considering buying the trailer out of state because I can get a good price on it but I need to know for certain that my boat will fit on it before I proceed.

Anyone have experiance with buying a replacement trailer for an Echelon.

Because bunk placement is usually determined by the chines there could be some major differences.

I would call boatmate direct and ask them, they are very helpful and will be more than willing to give you the info you need.

-Chris

Because bunk placement is usually determined by the chines there could be some major differences.

I would call boatmate direct and ask them, they are very helpful and will be more than willing to give you the info you need.

-Chris

I plan on calling tomorrow. I know the chines dictate the bunk placement, but I believe that the general hull design is the same. The only varaiation is the diamond cut on the leading edge of the chine cuts.

Hopefully someone will chime in on this subject, I am sure there is a resident expert on this here on the site. If not I am sure Boatmate will be able to give me straight answer tomrrow. Just thought I would trow this out there for anyone who knows.

<<edited for spelling>>

Edited by Ramman17

I'm not sure anyone but BoatMate will be able to tell you the answer. Realistically, I think it should fit,but it really depends on the other profiles of the hull. BoatMate builds their trailers to fit the hull really well, which in this case is actually a disadvantage.

Personally, I would take them to the lake, switch them, and then go under and examine the seat on the trailer, and look for gaps between runner and hull. Boatmate is a good trailer too, although I would take the wheels off and check brakes, bearings, and leaf springs carefully, near the mounting bolts. Mine has a torsional axle and sealed liquid oil bearings. I trailer a great deal and the Eagle that came with my boat simply disintegrated. It was a piece of crap. The boatmate has been great.

If I understand things correctly, the chines on the diamond hull are turned down more but in the same place. The trailer should fit the Echelon just fine. Only way to find out for sure is to try it. It should work though.

The hull design between a echelon and a response are not that simple as between SV-23 and SV-23 diamond.

The response was a new mold and therefore anything could have changed, chine placement, shape etc.

The Sunsetter, VLX, echelon, and sporty were all at one point on the SV-23 hull, does not mean one will fit the other. Especially consdiering boatmate uses 3 pairs of bunks to support the boat (on the ones I've seen anyway)

-Chris

Found a good deal on a tailer to put under my Echelon but, I need to know if a Boatmate trailer that was built for a 2005 Response will fit a 1993 Echelon.

My boat has the SV23 hull and the Response had the SV23 Diamond. I know that they have a different hull, but if I remember correctly the only difference was the "diamond" cut that was added to the edge of the chines. Can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone know if this would cause any issues fitting the Echelon on the trailer? I am considering buying the trailer out of state because I can get a good price on it but I need to know for certain that my boat will fit on it before I proceed.

I've got a '94 Echelon, it's on my boat lift now and the trailer is empty. Would you like me to take dimensions/pics?

I've got a '94 Echelon, it's on my boat lift now and the trailer is empty. Would you like me to take dimensions/pics?

If you could that would be a tremendous help.

The trailer is in FL and I am in TX so I don't have the ability to just swap them out and see. I need to know for sure.

Edited by Ramman17

If you could that would be a tremendous help.

The trailer is in FL and I am in TX so I don't have the ability to just swap them out and see. I need to know for sure.

OK, I'll measure it up tonight when I get home, and have it tomorrow. You may have another answer by then, but at least you'll have firm dimensions for a double check.

Ok, Thanks MB.

Never hurts to double up.

Now if only I could find someone in the Orlando area that would be willing to inspect the trailer before I drive 1000 miles for nothing.

Any takers?????

I'm with Skicrave,

I think you'll be fine. Yes, the Sporty and sunsetter had the same design, but the response and echelon also have the same dimensions. My money is that only the far left and right chines are differen't.

Same hull. Will fit just fine.

Bow eye location might be off in it's mounting location as related to the bow stop, but that will be the only worry.

Peter

Same hull. Will fit just fine.

Bow eye location might be off in it's mounting location as related to the bow stop, but that will be the only worry.

Peter

Just got off the phone with Jerry at Boatmate. He said while he has not been able to visually confirm that the it would fit, he said they have built several repsonse trailers for Echelon owners without any complaints.

Which I traslate to be yes it will work, and no you can not blame me if yours us the one that dosen't fit.

I am confident that it will work, as many of you have suggested.

Now if I could just find someone local willing to give it a once over.