Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Tower

Sunsetter95

Just installed a new tower on the ol '95. Looks much better now. I still need to repair the old tower mounting holes. I'm going to install SS pull up cleats over one set of holes and repair the other.

post-144-1240172922_thumb.jpg

post-144-1240172940_thumb.jpg

Nice looking boat. And a really fine looking tower. I'm not a tower guy and none of my 3 main crew buds have them either. But that one has sweet lines.

I love to see a pristine older boat or car that shows it's owner takes good care of it. Frankly for all around use it's hard to beat a mid to late 90's direct drive Sunsetter . Good ski wake yet roomy to take friends out and I think that era of boats has better lines and color schemes than the 2009 models. Why replace it ? Keep up the TLC.

Just installed a new tower on the ol '95. Looks much better now. I still need to repair the old tower mounting holes. I'm going to install SS pull up cleats over one set of holes and repair the other.

Nice boat.....I trust you go to Pleasant alot? Ever go to Humbug on the weekends????

Nice boat.....I trust you go to Pleasant alot? Ever go to Humbug on the weekends????

Sometimes if we are on the lake on the weekend. We usually try to hit it during the week to get some clean water. If we do, the CFO just claims I want to go sight seeing. Thumbup.gif

I like that tower alot on your boat. I think it looks alot better than the swoop personally. Looks kind of like the krypt tower.

Looks really good Doug, nice job as usual. Is it aluminum? I couldn't remember what the old tower looked like, so I dug around in your gallery for the old look. For others that don't remember, here's the before shot:

gallery_144_109_81898.jpg

Yes, it is T6061 aluminum, 2.25" tubes with the top H is 2.5". I started watching it on ebay and they were selling for as low as $560, by the time I got in there I won the bid for $762 + $110 shipping. I had it in 5 days. Appears they caught on fast! H2O Sports Warehouse on ebay.

After I tightened up all the bolts I gave it a shake, not a squeak or creak. The whole boat was moving with every little shake. I also reinforced the gunnels with 1/4" pieces of plywood since mine are only about 3/8"-1/2" thick. Working on a new speaker box with 4 6X9's from Wake Designs (maybe), and then a new bimini.

It's a nice update to a classic boat. Are you going to modify the bimini to make it tower-mounted?

That is the plan. This one just fits so it may be a later purchase. I want the new speaker box first. Gotta hear the tunes out there!

I was looking at this one.

post-144-1240263781_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sunsetter95

That tower is made by Aerial if I'm not mistaken, I put one one my old 99' Sporty that I just sold about a month ago, really solid tower and looks great for the money. Congrats- Jason