Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9"

eubanks

We are looking at getting a surfboard. My question is where would we be able to store it? I'm assuming that it won't fit in the Metacraft racks that came on our Illusion Tower. Will it fit in one of the rear storage compartments or would be have to buy a surfboard rack?

Thank you!

I have the Metcraft racks that say Malibu on them and I am pretty sure that we put a Broadcast in the wakeboard rack but it was a little tight. However, I had to buy the surfboard rack to fit the new Landlock. I am not sure its worth the $400 but it looks nice and matches the other ones.

If the Broadcast is the one that has a silhouette of a girl on it, then thats the one we had in the wakeboard rack.

It's too early in the morning Stewart!

So are you saying it WILL fit in the v-drive storage?  Forgive me for being  Crazy.gif .

It will fit in your rack. Our 4'9" and 5'6" does. It will also fit in the rear storage. It might even fit under the long passenger seat as well. We have put a kneeboard, wakeboard and LF skim skate under there and they all fit.

I just received my board this weed (broadcast 4 9) and it fitts. Go to grizzle sports and call RV. you can get one for $200 and work him on shipping. If you find it cheaper let us know.

I just received my board this weed (broadcast 4 9) and it fitts. Go to grizzle sports and call RV. you can get one for $200 and work him on shipping. If you find it cheaper let us know.

Thanks. I talked to Mike at Grizzly Sports this week and he quoted me the same $200 but shipping was $50! I'm sure they would work with me if I decided to buy one though. They've never let anyone beat them on price, but right now Wakeside has the board for $250 no shipping plus you get a $25 credit/allowance. So it's really only $225 for the board.

So up to what weight is the 4'9" good for? I've only ridden the larger Broadcast but figure the smaller one would be better more doing more tricks once we got better at surfing. Opinions?

Banks thats a good price, see if mike will ship it to you for $200. never know.

My bro Lenny (260lbs) went surfing for the first time on Troys 4'9" board this last weekend. Not great for going rope less but good for tricks.

Banks thats a good price, see if mike will ship it to you for $200. never know.

My bro Lenny (260lbs) went surfing for the first time on Troys 4'9"  board this last weekend. Not great for going rope less but good for tricks.

Thanks for the info. So for people 130 to 210 it shouldn't really be a problem to go without the rope, correct?

I go about 210 and have only been surfing 4 time's (2 on troys and 2 on Stewarts) I would think that by the end of summer I will be going rope less but not doing tricks. Just holding on to the pocket. People under 180 should have a ton of fun.

So for people 130 to 210 it shouldn't really be a problem to go without the rope, correct?

I'm ~ 160# and I can surf the 4'9" ropeless no problem but I grew up on a surfboard. The shorter Broadcast is a bit twitchy and slides pretty easy. You could probably make it a little tamer with a larger center fin like the one on the 5'6" Broadcast. My favorite ride so far is the 5'6" Broadcast with the center fin removed but if you get a bunch of big rollers (from other boats) messing with your wave it can slide out from under you w/o that big center fin. Shocking.gif Been there, done that. Biggrin.gif

The 5'6" is a better beginner board but apparently they are a little hard to find right now.

In my skylon wakeboard racks I have a Broadcast, Phase 5 icon, Landlock, and skim board.

I also have 2 surfboard racks where we put a Clyde Beaty Jr and new 6' Landlock.

NorCaliBu

Try this - put the center fin back and take the 2 outer fins off.

I've tried it both ways and much prefer the single center fin.

Try this - put the center fin back and take the 2 outer fins off.

Can you still lip-slide the board with the deeper center fin on? That's what I liked about pullin' it off, the board just feels "looser" (if that's a word).

Yep very nimble with just enuff "grab" to save you .

And the 4 holes left make a interesting bidet effect when you put on the brakes.

Tickles your leg

What about putting one of the smaller side fins in the back? Since they are similar in size to the rear fin on the 4'9"?

Ever try and put on of the metal "P" fins (long shallow) fin on those forward (side) spots, to help as side fins, but still keep it moble?

Guess I should give it a shot