Sign in to follow this  
mparcel

LED Light Rings

mparcel

I have seen some really old posts on LED rings for cup holders and speakers, but haven't seen anything recent - is anyone aware of who is selling these items? I have seen cup holders on eBay but at $35 a piece I will have to wait.

Malibuzer
I have seen some really old posts on LED rings for cup holders and speakers, but haven't seen anything recent - is anyone aware of who is selling these items? I have seen cup holders on eBay but at $35 a piece I will have to wait.

There is a guy who is making them for cupholders. I am sure he hangs out on the CREW once in a while. I sure he will chime in.

Edited by trentj6930

mparcel
I made my own and they look fine but it is a TON of work and a Huge PITA!! If you got the funds buy them.

these guys have great looking rings and acc.

http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/home.php?cat=288

I don't understand why this LED stuff is so expensive - as cheap as the components are you would think someone would produce a 6 1/2 speaker ring for $20 and a cup ring for $10. LED is the hottest thing out right now - I am surprised someone hasn't started to mass produce this stuff and make a fortune.

How did you make yours - I have more time than money, but want the bling.

Thanks much!

txwakejunkie
I made my own and they look fine but it is a TON of work and a Huge PITA!! If you got the funds buy them.

these guys have great looking rings and acc.

http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/home.php?cat=288

I don't understand why this LED stuff is so expensive - as cheap as the components are you would think someone would produce a 6 1/2 speaker ring for $20 and a cup ring for $10. LED is the hottest thing out right now - I am surprised someone hasn't started to mass produce this stuff and make a fortune.

How did you make yours - I have more time than money, but want the bling.

Thanks much!

the leds are not all that expensive but the acrylic for the rings and the labor is what kills ya.

WrenchMan

You can find Light Rings for the Pro 60's and a few other items on Ebay at the York Fabrication Store. No Cup Holders yet though.

mparcel
You can find Light Rings for the Pro 60's and a few other items on Ebay at the York Fabrication Store. No Cup Holders yet though.

Ya - but they want $219 for a set of Metcraft 6.5's - I have 2 sets which computes to $438 for my four speakers. I am not in the financial position to spend that kind of change on lights for 4 speakers. Like I said in previous posts - I can't see why someone hasn't mass produced these rings and sold them within the budget of the normal working - boat payment paying individual. I can see paying around $50-$75 a set for a quality product. I can't imagine that these guys are selling anything at a $219 price point - I mean how many people can really afford to pay that price for 12 LED lights and a Plexiglas ring seems like someone is making an ungodly profit. Maybe I am wrong - just my thoughts

WrenchMan

LED Light Rings for Cup Holders are posted on eBay at the York Fabrication Store. They look awesome!