Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

fuel filter

In the fuel tank.

Look in your trunk. You will see a panel that lifts up giving you access to the top of the tank. If you are going to change the filter yourself, be sure to bleed the pressure out of the system by using the shrader valve on top of the motor.

not sure on the 07, but the 05 and 06 fuel filters are under the center rear seat on the driver side of the trans. Just follow the fuel line from the tank to the pump, it will be on that line. Changed mine sunday.

Fuel tank in the trunk of a VLX huh Jack?

To the OP I would look under your rear seat by the ski-vee transmission.

-Chris

Jack never has been one to let the facts stand in the way of adding to his post count. Tease2.gif

-Chris

Jack never has been one to let the facts stand in the way of adding to his post count. Tease2.gif

Plus we both know he couldn't find that schrader valve with two hands and a map...

-Chris

Plus we both know he couldn't find that schrader valve with two hands and a map...

It'll all clear up when he finds the left handed Johnson Wrench... ROFL.gif

Ok, ok. One little mistake. It's not my fault he got a boat with the motor in the wrong place. . .

And I could find the schrader valve blindfolded with both arms tied behind my back. Chris, I'm not sure exactly what you look for when you're in that predicament. . .but probably it aint found on a motor. . .

I have followed the orange line to the pump below the flame arrestor...definetely no inline filter. It is the 340 ETX cat model.

Dave

I have followed the orange line to the pump below the flame arrestor...definetely no inline filter. It is the 340 ETX cat model.

Dave

Anyone know why Malibu nixed the inline filter?

thx 99...anyone changed one? Any input on when it should be changed. It was a camp boat, run 87 octane, and has 450 hrs. I am sure it has not been changed.

Dave

thx 99...anyone changed one? Any input on when it should be changed. It was a camp boat, run 87 octane, and has 450 hrs. I am sure it has not been changed.

Dave

It should be changed every 100 hours or annually. Like Chris said, change it!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Response Lxi. Does anyone have the correct part number for the in tank fuel filter? Someone posted a WIX 33048 - but I looked that up and it is a long paper element filter - not something I would expect go in a tank.

Is the shrader valve under the Monsoon engine cover that goes over the fule rails and has the air intake connected to it? Is that hard to remove? I see 6 bolt head - but looks like several other things need to be detached - like a few wire harnesses. Seems like they may have made ti a lot of work just to bleed off the pressure?

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

I'm stuck at this same point. Removed the 6 hex bolts from the engine cover but it won't budge. What else do I need to disconnect or is it not even necessary to reach the fuel rail schraeder valve?

Edited by Brianborder