Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help with Windshield Parts...

Hey guys, I am looking for a part number, link, whatever to get some parts for the Windshield on my 2000 vlx. Specifically I am looking for the gasket that goes between the glass and the frame. Somehow I lost one of these between the passenger side glass and top rail (either during a double up, or traveling). I am also looking for the stripping that goes on the bottom of the windshield to hide the mounting screws.

Any help or recommendation is appreciated, thanks.

Thanks!

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

As a reference to anyone else (including myself) who may need winshield parts for this generation of malibu here is the information I obtained (as Malibu does not stock the individual windshield gasket I needed and advised me to contact Taylormade directly for this):

Taylormade windshield assemblypart numbers:

Main front section(s): 747-971094

Side section(s): 747-971094-03 (Port) and 747-971094-01 (Starboard)

Gasket Part numbers (Tech guy could not advise me as to what use each one is for, probably top, side and bottom).

Part number(s):

8228930 at $1.39 a foot

8228960 at $2.09 a foot

8228940 at $2.44 a foot

This is basically all the information needed to repair/replace the windshield itself.

• 4 weeks later...

HELP HELP HELP!

I have a 1994 Echelon with a smashed drivers side windshield. Talyormade can't locate the part number to check if they have stock. Does anyone know where I could get the Taylor Made Part number. Malibu gave me the Malibu number (5742022) but TM couldn't cross it to theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Update for future reference:

Gasket Part #s:

8228930 $1.39/ft is For Bottom Rail

8228940 $2.44/ft is the Vertical Gasket part number

8228960 $2.09/ft is the Top Gasket channel part number

This information contradicts the pricing as the gasket for the top channel is the largest gasket yet its the middle priced amount. As such I am crossing my fingers that this is correct and the tech did not make a mistake.