Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tige has Wetsounds standard now

CrazyTegger

Tige's teamed up with wetsounds for 09 and put their speakers stock in the boat....

http://tige.com/audio.php

Wetsounds really needs to come up with a lower profile mounting design, they look rediculous.

I finally saw some at one of the electronic places in town and the first thing I said when I saw them was "Holy crap, those are freaking huge". Now I can see why they're so loud and why people bang their heads on them.

It kinda bugs me how the grilles don't line up on the boat in the pic. One is up and down, and the other is 45 degees offset. Dontknow.gif

it kinda bugged me too when i installed them on my boat. I don't notice it anymore.

You would think tim would have figured that out by now, it was brought up a long time ago.

great sound though.

It kinda bugs me how the grilles don't line up on the boat in the pic. One is up and down, and the other is 45 degees offset. Dontknow.gif

it kinda bugged me too when i installed them on my boat. I don't notice it anymore.

You would think tim would have figured that out by now, it was brought up a long time ago.

great sound though.

Grills are easy to lineup...

my point is that I think malibu should do this as well. In fact, I think they should have done this before tige did.

my point is that I think malibu should do this as well. In fact, I think they should have done this before tige did.

I agree! Its a little frustrating to think how much money I paid for my 2007 23 LSV, not to mention how expensive the stereo system was, to only learn later that the speakers aren't even marine grade. I did alot of research on the boat, but not on the stereo system. I just figured that a wakeboard boat would not come w/ anything but high quality marine speakers.

Boats and especially tow boats take alot of punishment even when they are well taken care of and thus, need the highest quality components IMHO.

I don't like the way they look, but that is just my $.02

Plus1.gif I wouldn't want them on my boat. Maybe it could be an option but don't force it on people as the only stereo option.

Considering that the dealer can add any sound system you want, it is fair to say that Wetsounds has always been on the option list. I think the current factory system sounds pretty good for what it is.

Considering that the dealer can add any sound system you want, it is fair to say that Wetsounds has always been on the option list. I think the current factory system sounds pretty good for what it is.

Ok how about factory options.

Yea my dealer threw in two pairs of pro 60x's just so he didnt have to hear me complain about the stock RF system.....

Why would the factory of a dealer want to lock themselves into a particular speaker system? Other than cost there are just to many personal tastes involved to make it a smart marketing move imho.

Why would a dealer only have factory sound pack that with the only option of rockford fosgate speakers.... I'm looking at you Malibu.....

Malibu chose the worst speaker in the world to make stock. Its not even marine grade. Cant blame Tige for choosing the best. Nothing sounds better than Wetsounds when powered correctly.

Malibu chose the worst speaker in the world to make stock. Its not even marine grade. Cant blame Tige for choosing the best. Nothing sounds better than Wetsounds when powered correctly.

The speakers in the 09's are marine grade.

Why would a dealer only have factory sound pack that with the only option of rockford fosgate speakers.... I'm looking at you Malibu.....

The factory sound pack from Malibu needs improvement, no doubt. Perhaps pairing up with w/ one speaker company isn’t the best concept, rather provide options for the customer. Each manufactures sound quality and design appeals to each differently, neither are necessarily better when it comes to ones preference to sound and design. Wet Sounds is the local speaker company so, not a huge surprise Tige would join forces. We all tend to look at these types of systems with clouded judgment after all what we each run on our boat is the best of all time….. :)

I am not a big fan of tige boats but i have to say that it is cool that you get wetsounds as a factory system. It is a shame that the mounts that secure them to the tower are so dang ugly, whats up with that?

Not having "marine" speakers is not that big of a deal unless you are in saltwater. Most of our boats are not in any kind of 'extreame" conditions where the weather is going to rapdily deteriorate the speakers. Even if they did, most quality name brand speakers would probably warranty them anyhow.

None of the 14 speakers in my boat are marine. I have 5 pair of MB Quart premiums (non-marine) and 4 Rockford 8" subs (non marine). Boat is left in a lake during the summer and have had no issues what so ever.

Tige has been offering Wet Sounds in their boats since the 2008 models as the factory installed system. The 2009 Tower of Power system has 1700 watts of power using a SYN-6 to power 3 pairs of XS-650 and a XS-10FA sub and a SYN-2 powering two pairs of PRO 60's on the tower. The Alpha Z tower was designed from the ground up for PRO 60's with the adapter parts to give a molded in look. This was done to streamline the look so everything is a unit. There is also an adapter to line the grilles up but was not finished in time for the photo boats. So the production boats all have the grilles lined up!

Also, on Illusion towers. it is very easy to get the grilles to line up. You remove the 4 screws holding the grille and driver in and replace them holding the driver in. Then rotate the grille to where you want it and drill 4 tiny holes and use some small stainless self tappers and you are set. The speakers are tooled for the speaker support mounts. So it is not something we can change easily as it would mean re tooling the entire injection mold. So for most towers, people can use the above way and mount them any way they want. And for the Tige tower, there is the adapter that screws onto the front of the speaker with pre set locations for port upper and port lower and starboard upper and starboard lower.

Tim

Wet Sounds

A BULLET WITH THE SAME POWER Thumbup.gif