Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfectpass paddlewheel on 02 Sunscape 21 LSV

mokanmalibu

I have a new-to-me 02 Sunscape 21 LSV and was about to install my existing wakeboard pro perfectpass. The PP was nearly new so I removed it from my much older Malibu boat before I sold it. Have already purchased the new paddlewheel housing for the "re"-install. While searching the forums for install tips, I came across reports of problems with the paddlewheel readings on early 2000 LSVs due to hull turbulence, usually 23 footers...talk of "brass canoes" that didn't always work.... I emailed perfect pass and they indicated it should work on the 21.

So before I fire up the drill (gulp)....would really like to hear positive confirmation from someone with an early 2000s Sunscape 21 LSV that has a regular paddlewheel that works well (never found anyone claiming that in the forums) and if it does work where was it installed (as exact as possible). Any input would be appreciated.

I know the other answer is the stargazer upgrade, but times are tight, I have all the parts for the existing, and the existing PP meets my needs (if it works).

Related forum activity question: When a person has a question related to a post that is many years old, do you prefer replies to the original post or an entirely new post. Have had folks complain on other boards when I reply or ask a question on a multi-year old post. Bound to happen with a boat 7+ years old.

Thanks in advance.

The problems were specific to the original Escape LSV (the predecessor to the current 23 LSV) that was produced from '99 to '03. The Sunscape 21 LSV was never effected, so just follow the standard guidelines for paddle wheel placement and go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with skicrave. I've got the 23 foot and I see some issues if I don't have the bow weighted. Everyone I've talked to has said the 21 foot does not have that problem.