Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swivel speaker mounts for Titan Tower

My Brother-in-law has an 05 iRide with a Titan tower - he wants to mount his speakers at an angle different than that of the tower (he wants his speakers to hang straight from a not straight bar) - problem is finding speaker mounts that will swivel. Someone must make them - but google searches come up cold. Any ideas??

Thanks for the help

I'm not aware of any, but that doesn't mean they don't exist? Which part of the tower is he trying to mount them to? And what's wrong with putting them on at the top of the rear hoop?

I'm not aware of any, but that doesn't mean they don't exist? Which part of the tower is he trying to mount them to? And what's wrong with putting them on at the top of the rear hoop?

He claims that there is no flat area he can mount them to - I will ask him about that area. Perhaps someone who has a company that sells wakeboarding stuff Whistling.gif should think about selling something like that - it would probably be a good selling item.

Thanks

Nothing that swivels left to right that i know of, other than the Samson tower speaker cans but they have to mount to a tube.

Skicrave has a good point that using the rear hoop is a ideal possibility for that?

Soon we should have a quick disconnect speaker can for the IX & XS Towers, they also plug in facing forward or back wards so if you nose into the beach you could point the cans toward the bow if you wanted to. Or remove them all together for travel or winter storage. Sneak peak pictures hopefully to come soon!

-Paul

He claims that there is no flat area he can mount them to - I will ask him about that area. Perhaps someone who has a company that sells wakeboarding stuff Whistling.gif should think about selling something like that - it would probably be a good selling item.

What brand of speakers is he trying to mount?

Thanks to both of you for your quick reply - I am guessing that if neither of the two of you have seen a swivel mount - then they probably aren't available.

They are some off brand eBay cans with speakers in both ends - they sound surprisingly good for what he paid for them. We tried to remove one of the speakers to see if we could loosen the bolt, mount the speakers as he wants and then tighten the bolt again, but the faceplate for the kicker speakers comes off fine - gettings the speaker itself out is a whole nother story. Guess we are going to need a bigger hammer (glad they aren't mine).

Thanks again to both of you - it is great to have the knowledge available that this site offers.

Mike

Mike-

Assuming his enclosures have the correct 2.25" clamps on them, it should be no problem to install them on the rear hoop of his tower. All Titan towers are designed for installation there, and that is where Titan recommends you install speakers. Take a look at the images of the Titan KBC Tower Speakers for more info.

Thanks to both of you for your quick reply - I am guessing that if neither of the two of you have seen a swivel mount - then they probably aren't available.

They are some off brand eBay cans with speakers in both ends - they sound surprisingly good for what he paid for them. We tried to remove one of the speakers to see if we could loosen the bolt, mount the speakers as he wants and then tighten the bolt again, but the faceplate for the kicker speakers comes off fine - gettings the speaker itself out is a whole nother story. Guess we are going to need a bigger hammer (glad they aren't mine).

Thanks again to both of you - it is great to have the knowledge available that this site offers.

Mike

Glad to help, good luck with the prodject!

Mike-

Assuming his enclosures have the correct 2.25" clamps on them, it should be no problem to install them on the rear hoop of his tower. All Titan towers are designed for installation there, and that is where Titan recommends you install speakers. Take a look at the images of the Titan KBC Tower Speakers for more info.

Wow, Titan still has KBC's? I remember when those first came out! Man a lot has changed, do you remember those huge kicker tower speaker boxes?

-Paul