Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Full Speaker covers for towing

aylor11

Anyone have any recommendations for full speaker covers while towing? I will have 4 Wetsounds Pro 60's but for the wetsound speaker covers, they want $65 a pair so $130 for the covers. I realize they can be left on while music is being listened to but I am looking for something a little less expensive that I can just use for towing. Any ideas? Thanks!

I use Speaker Sox, Jim is superb in customer service and thier quality is top notch.

Plus1.gif

Plus1.gif When only use ours when towing but it saves a lot of work if we tow at night, those bugs can get them looking pretty nasty Whistling.gif

I have a question about speaker covers. Are they waterproof and would you leave them on during a rain storm? Seems to me like they would take in water from the top and fill up like a balloon?

Jim sent me an email and I must say he is a top notch guy. I will be calling him tomorrow!

I will be using for towing as well, we have some big arse bugs up here as well.

As for the water collection, I would have to think they would not retain any water but I can't say for sure.

I have a question about speaker covers. Are they waterproof and would you leave them on during a rain storm? Seems to me like they would take in water from the top and fill up like a balloon?

They ere made of a porous fabric. It is quite stretchy and are an absolute must to save time cleaning the speakers, and all the racks. It only takes a couple of minutes to put on all 4 speaker covers and the 4 rack covers.

Edited by trentj6930
Jim sent me an email and I must say he is a top notch guy. I will be calling him tomorrow!

I will be using for towing as well, we have some big arse bugs up here as well.

As for the water collection, I would have to think they would not retain any water but I can't say for sure.

Now, somebody is going to have to do a test to find out Tongue.gif

I have purchased both.

The speaker sox fit better, are NOT waterproof and faded from black to light grey inside one season of California sun.

The others are heavier fabric, are a 'looser fit", are definitely splash proof but they don't drain properly from rain when fitted on an illusion tower as the drain holes are in the wrong place.

Regards

Tony

I've had both speakersox and screaminsacs and the screaminsacs are better imo. The screaminsacs don't let the bug guts splatter through into your speakers like the speakersox did, well more like all over the speaker grills. The speakersox also actually absorbed water and held it there against the speakers. Speakersox fade in the sun and are harder to put on because they are a much tighter fit. The screaminsacs look like they did the day I bought them, are water proof and the bug guts stay on the outside of the cover like they should.

If it was my money and I had to buy new ones I'd go with screaminsacs.

Edited by 06vlx

I ran my speakersox for 5 years and honestly they held up very well. I didn't notice any fading but I did treat them w/ 303 fabric guard nor ever any bug guts on the speakers. I go travel through a heavily traveled bug area through the ag fields as well. I don’t think I'd want the fabric to retain water, stretching the material and keeping water trapped near the speaker. Honestly in norcal we don't get much rain so, can't say I've traveled much in it anyway.

YMMV