Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow ballast...pics

johnsvt

I tried my best to take the best shots I could of what bow ballast does for the wake behind my 06 vride. Pictures are OK not the best it was tough to take time out from riding to do this.

No ballast

noballast22mph.jpg

Stock ballast, MLS full and rear bags about 1/3 full...no wedge

stockballast22mph.jpg

Stock ballast + bow ballast

bowballast22mph.jpg

I should have put a rider back there, but the water was 50, and a little cold to start and stop. I can tell you that there is definitly more lip and the wake a bit firmer with bow ballast.

ps - I filled my bags 1/3 because I do have 750's in the rear lockers.

Just curious how fast were you going?

22mph according to GPS

I have pics at 18 if anyone wants to see, but the wake is just steeper imo

22mph according to GPS

I'd like to see some more pictures. I am in the process of removing the hard tanks and putting 750 bags in next weekend.

No wedge...I took mine off.

450-500 lbs added to the bow

Is that 450-500 lbs additional to the the stock bow ballast or total in the bow?

You need a floater. The fixed wedge No.gif, floater. Yes.gif Good pics BTW, thanks for sharing. Weight in the bow = good thing. Biggrin.gif

WakeGirl, when you say fixed wedge are you implying that it being fixed position is not as good as floating? Does the power wedge fall under this same category?

You need a floater. The fixed wedge No.gif, floater. Yes.gif Good pics BTW, thanks for sharing. Weight in the bow = good thing. Biggrin.gif

WakeGirl, when you say fixed wedge are you implying that it being fixed position is not as good as floating? Does the power wedge fall under this same category?

I mean the older manual wedge that came stock in '06 & earlier. If he took his wedge off the boat, then it almost certainly is this type since the floater wasn't introduced until '07. Remember, I only got lucky enough to do that upgrade because my original (manual) wedge ended up at the bottom of the lake. In lieu of a power wedge, floater all the way. :)

I mean the older manual wedge that came stock in '06 & earlier. If he took his wedge off the boat, then it almost certainly is this type since the floater wasn't introduced until '07. Remember, I only got lucky enough to do that upgrade because my original (manual) wedge ended up at the bottom of the lake. In lieu of a power wedge, floater all the way. :)

Does anyone have picture differences of the float wedge vs. fixed?

No wedge...I took mine off.

450-500 lbs added to the bow

Is that 450-500 lbs additional to the the stock bow ballast or total in the bow?

450-500 total...I think

I have 200lbs of lead and fill an Integrated Bow Sack till the seats pop up or put someone up front.

22mph according to GPS

I'd like to see some more pictures. I am in the process of removing the hard tanks and putting 750 bags in next weekend.

I will probably get some full ballast pics this weekend...

Full 750's and some bow ballast produces a great wake on the sv23 hull for wakeboarding

I have had the wedge down one time with full ballast and did not think the wake got any better for wakeboarding.

I would probably use the wedge more if we surfed more.

• 2 weeks later...