Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trans fluid

Fairly new to the website, so wanted to say hello. I recently just purchased a 91 euro f3. I want to change the trans fluid in this thing but not sure which fluid it calls for, one manual for an older bu said use tractor hydraulic fluid 10 wt does anyone know?

Thanks

Fairly new to the website, so wanted to say hello. I recently just purchased a 91 euro f3. I want to change the trans fluid in this thing but not sure which fluid it calls for, one manual for an older bu said use tractor hydraulic fluid 10 wt does anyone know?

Thanks

I cant remember how long ago, but someone posted a link to the service manual for your Velvet Drive (I am assuming that's what's in your euro). Run a search and you'll find it. It is great info to have on hand.

Thanks

I cant remember how long ago, but someone posted a link to the service manual for your Velvet Drive (I am assuming that's what's in your euro). Run a search and you'll find it. It is great info to have on hand.

Thank you...

Thanks

Thank you...

Found it

http://correctcraftfan.com/Downloads/MerCr...98%20Manual.pdf

and it was on this Thread

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....=Service+manual

If it is a BW Velvet Drive it most likely called for 10W tractor oil or 10W hydraulic oil, at least that's what was in my '93 Echelon LX. I talked to the Malibu dealer and he said all the new one's run ATF (DEX III I beleive) and that is would be okay to fill mine with ATF and flush it several times to clean all the old fluid out.