Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flush Pro on a V-Drive

Todd34

I bought a flush pro for the "new to me" boat and was checking out where to put it today. I noticed that the intake line runs up and does a 90 bend into the v-drive, comes out the v-drive on the other side and then goes to the impeller. I am thinking that the best place to put the flush pro would be right after the line comes off the hull and before it goes into the v-drive, but there isn't much room before the bend.

For those of you that have installed one on a v-drive, did you put it before or after the v-drive. If you put it before the v-drive, did you use a brass 90 degree fitting? I don't think it will fit without one.

I understand that it needs to go in before the impeller but am wondering if the v-drive still needs water moving through it even though it isn't spinning.

Thanks,

Todd

I had mine installed when I ordered the boat from the factory and it is installed before the V-drive right after it comes out of the hull. That is where I would suggest putting it. As far as the rubber hose it's got a pretty good bend to it

Todd34,

If you get this done, do you mind posting some pics? I'm looking at doing the exact same thing but don't see how it's going to fit. I really want to add a sea strainer and a flush pro kit but don't think that both will fit in that tight space. I really would like to add the flush pro kit first. Right now I'm using a fake-a-lake and the raw water pickup sits right above a cross member on the trailer so it's been a PITA.

Good luck with your install. I'm waiting to see how you do this.

Thanks.

I had mine installed when I ordered the boat from the factory and it is installed before the V-drive right after it comes out of the hull. That is where I would suggest putting it. As far as the rubber hose it's got a pretty good bend to it

NvBoarder,

Any chance of you posting a pic of this?

NvBoarder,

Any chance of you posting a pic of this?

Yea I will be working on the boat tomorrow so I will take a pic and post it

Todd34,

If you get this done, do you mind posting some pics? I'm looking at doing the exact same thing but don't see how it's going to fit. I really want to add a sea strainer and a flush pro kit but don't think that both will fit in that tight space. I really would like to add the flush pro kit first. Right now I'm using a fake-a-lake and the raw water pickup sits right above a cross member on the trailer so it's been a PITA.

Good luck with your install. I'm waiting to see how you do this.

Thanks.

I will post pics as soon as I figure it out. It already has a valve installed off the hull so there isn't much room but I still hope to make it work. As far as a strainer goes, I know I don't have room for that before the v-drive. It will have to go between the v-drive and the impeller. Plus, it has to be horizontal so the strainer will work.

Todd

I have a factory installed one too. It is tucked way down on the floor and is a pain to get to. This one on NvBoarders looks like it would be an easier install than where mine is.

I have a factory installed one too. It is tucked way down on the floor and is a pain to get to. This one on NvBoarders looks like it would be an easier install than where mine is.

The difference in plants I would assume. Mine was built in Cali and I am assuming yours was built in Tenn

The difference in plants I would assume. Mine was built in Cali and I am assuming yours was built in Tenn

You are correct. Tennessee boat here.