Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ghetto Leds In The Bu

TX23LSV

so i was at autozone, picking up cleaner for my truck, i noticed they had blue waterproof leds, i got a hunch, why not try em out in the bu, bought two pair at 13.99 a set. went to the bu, install was easy this is the procedure i took

1. i used black electrical tape, wire spliters/ cuters and box razor and zip ties

2. cut into the existing led wires and connected the poss(+) and Negg(-) to those wires, they worked!!!!!!!

3. i put black electrical tape over existing leds, very ghetto i know

4. i zipped tied the led itself to the wires instead of using double sided tape.

5. i then hid the wires

whole proceedure to 30 mins for both of the sides

heres pics, i say not too shabby for only 30 something bucks, adding more under driver seat, and bow

14tvjna.jpg

2rm1i6g.jpg

let me know what u think

Edited by TX23LSV
so i was at autozone, picking up cleaner for my truck, i noticed they had blue waterproof leds, i got a hunch, why not try em out in the bu, bought two pair at 13.99 a set. went to the bu, install was easy this is the procedure i took

1. i used black electrical tape, wire spliters/ cuters and box razor and zip ties

2. cut into the existing led wires and connected the poss(+) and Negg(-) to those wires, they worked!!!!!!!

3. i put black electrical tape over existing leds, very ghetto i know

4. i zipped tied the led itself to the wires instead of using double sided tape.

5. i then hid the wires

whole proceedure to 30 mins for both of the sides

heres pics, i say not too shabby for only 30 something bucks, adding more under driver seat, and bow

14tvjna.jpg

2rm1i6g.jpg

let me know what u think

Looks like I am heading to autozone in the morning. There is nothing I like more than cheap and easy. Good job on keeping it simple and looking clean.

yeah its very easy install if u have a small head like me other wise a lil difficult, but i wanna go get 4 more pair tomarrow too ill post pics