Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Three Questions

Anyone know what type of material the panel that is behind the motor box that covers the exhaust that you walk on is made of. And question two can you match the grey carpet that its covered with. And three what kind of silicone is used on the HDS box lid? I need to do some maint. and would like to know what other used and maybe where to buy some of this stuff

1. Honeycomb aluminum

2. Probably not - even if you match to orginal you will have new carpet versus 11 year old carpet

3. Any silicone good for underwater service. Do not use 5200 - that lid will never come off again if you do.

-Chris

Ok I guess I will cut a piece of marine plywood and recover for the panel.

That should work. Won't last as along, but prime/paint or epoxy it good, and it shoudl last long enough, considering it won't take long to make.