Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Computron Errors

My 1994 Echelon LX computron display goes between water temp and "open line" and also air temp and "open line"..Has anyone else had this and what is the cause.First time I have any wierd things go wrong with the display....thanks

I can't find that error message in my old service notes anywhere.

Computrons don't do good with moisture, i would unplug all the harness plugs, clean, make sure they are dry, and apply so dielectric grease to the contacts.

At the module itself, remove the control card and clean all the contacts with a new pencil eraser, wipe clean and re-install to see if it clears up that issue.

If you use to have a Atari or Nintendo, remember how you had to blow air onto the contacts if the game didn't work, similar issue with those computrons, they are the Atari of boat computers Biggrin.gif

-Paul

My 1994 Echelon LX computron display goes between water temp and "open line" and also air temp and "open line"..Has anyone else had this and what is the cause.First time I have any wierd things go wrong with the display....thanks

My 1993 said shorted wire to sea temp as well this past weekend. I know nothing about the computron system ( Just bought the boat) but plan on checking some wires with a mulit meter this week I will keep you posted on what I find,hopefully the sensor is just shorted.