Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge

mibarefooter

If a boat has the power wedge can it be removed and replaced with the scrapa plate? I have not see a power wedge up close so I dont know if it would have the proper hole to mount the plate.

If a boat has the power wedge can it be removed and replaced with the scrapa plate? I have not see a power wedge up close so I dont know if it would have the proper hole to mount the plate.

Why would you do that??

I don't have a power wedge. My big question is if it's possible to remove and replace with the Scarpa Plate.

Yep, should be possible to remove it, purchase the Floating Wedge bracket and SSP. You would need to recode the dash so that it isn't looking for the Power Wedge, and then unplug all of the associated connectors.

I would think at least even. I think though that what I would do is to keep all of the power wedge stuff, buy the floating gear & use it, then when it's time to sell the boat you've still got the power wedge gear. You could then sell the floating stuff as an upgrade for older boats.

I would think at least even. I think though that what I would do is to keep all of the power wedge stuff, buy the floating gear & use it, then when it's time to sell the boat you've still got the power wedge gear. You could then sell the floating stuff as an upgrade for older boats.

That is a thought as well. How ever I'd use the boat to barefoot more than anything so I would get a Scarpa plate.

Right, so you'd sell the SP afterward or hold onto it for the next Bu. Either way, it works out. :) I do think that you're better off holding on to the power wedge stuff though, it makes the boat more desirable with it than without. And once it's gone, you won't be able to easily replace it.

What I've learned over my short life :) is to always keep the stock or factory equipment unless you are 100% you'll never need it or plan on never selling your boat/car.

Well, it also depends on the boat, a PW is not a must have for an lxi like it is for a vlx

-Chris

Not a must have but could be a deal breaker if a buyer was looking at two boats, one with and one without.