Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chrome Ski Pylon Cap

Does anyone know how the cap comes off the top of a Chrome Ski pylon??? Mine Sounds like it needs lubricated.. Can not seem to do it from underneath..

I'm pretty sure that if it's a black plastic cap, all you gotta do is pry it up with a small screwdriver. Lubing the swivel is a whole 'nother matter.

I'm pretty sure that if it's a black plastic cap, all you gotta do is pry it up with a small screwdriver. Lubing the swivel is a whole 'nother matter.

mine is a chrome top peice w/ the malibu logo sticker on it.. Like the Top of the isotta shift knob. I need to get if off so i can remove the nut inside to lube.

It comes off the same way as the black version, it's just pressure fit. I've found that using a utility blade and carefully working your way around a little at a time does less damage than a small screwdriver.

once youv'e pried off the top cap, take the nut off, pull off the swivel head and work wheel bearing quality grease into the bearing, and re-assemble.

mine is a tight fit.

the thin blade of a drywall knife was the best i could come up with.

still damaged/nicked the chrome.

after removing the cap there is a socket head screw on the very top that is used as a lock nut.