Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shorestation Shore Commander 12V

awilco

Hi, needed a second lift for my bass boat and a 4000 lb shorestation came up on craigslist so I bought it. Thought it was a good price $2000 for lift and shore commander 12v motor with remotes.

Any feedback on how docking goes with these. Once they are set do they move easily if knocked with boat. Should I plan on anchoring it down to the lake bottom some how. It was used for about a year as a dealer demo and the nuts/bolts are a little rusty. Should I consider changing the hardware out to SS?

Appreciate feedback on it.

Thanks.

Andy

I have never moved mine docking. I come in very slow and glide in. I had my lift move around 9 inches from very large wakes slamming my boat in the lift. I lift my boat as much as possible if I am not going back out in a short time. My lift is sitting on a very sharp dropping shore line. Rear legs are in 5'4" depth front at just over 1 foot.

When I put it in I rock it a bit and set the feet as much as possible but the bottom is not muddy so it does not sink in.

It's not a bad price with a motor and if it has a top it's a very good price.

I can get a Midlander 4500lbs lift hand crank no top around 2,300 2,400 new very nice lift but it's a small company in mid Michigan I don't think they sell much out side of Mi.

post-2931-1238192455_thumb.jpg

I have the same setup except its A/c , not the D/C. LOVE IT. The lift doesn't move at all, you don't have to worry about that. I have seen lifts with canopy's without a boat on them move in really strong winds. It acts like an umbrella.

That's strange about the hardware. The bolts that mine came with are coated, but I doubt stainless. I wouldn't think they are going to break on you but if you want to clean it up it can't hurt.

Great lift - over built in my opinion for their ratings. I may get crap for admitting this, but I had a Sunsetter and RLXi on only a 3200 lb version for 6 years with no problems whatsoever. Won't move unless it's a really hard bottom and you either come in hard or have a canopy on it in a heavy wind without the boat on it. I really wouldn't worry about the h/w at all.

Mike

MalibuNation

I have the same lift and it ain't going no where. The front legs are in sand and the rear it's mucky so I make sure that that the a** end is up higher than the front and then I load the boat and the rear sinks.

The feet from the deep end are rusty looking and they are aluminum. I sent color pics to the company and they said that's from the iron in the water. Showed the feet to the dealer and they thought it was weird.

Lifts w/o boats in them can blow away in big storms ... I've seen that happen several timess. Can you say "Mary Poppins".

One piece of advice ... that I learned last spring ... you start drinking after the lift is in ... not b4 and during Whistling.gif

Edit: Wow, I typed in another word for Donkey and it changed it to a$$, that's kind of cool.

Edited by MalibuNation

A friend had a bass boat on a covered lift and during a wind storm it got moved around quite a bit. I think the lift was all twisted up and had to be replaced by insurance. He now has the anchors.

I have the 12V shore commander with a solar panel and love it. I wouldn't go without again. I charge my battery once in the spring and haven't had any issues with in 2 years, except changing a battery on the remote key fob. I do wish there was a automatic "all up" or "all down" function.

I have a shore station. Trust me, it shouldn't move. I think I have the heaviest lift on the lake.

I'm pretty sure all of the hardware on mine is stainless, 'cause none of the hardware has rusted in the 3 summers it's been out.

Well, I got it set in the lake this past weekend and my new to me boat is on it. Man, that was quite a job but did it with the help of only my 16 year old. We set it off the trailor it into about 2' of water then forced a Pelican Peddle boat under it to get it floating then I slowly walked the floating lift in place.

I am surprised how solid it feels and am very happy with it at this point. It is square within an inch or so. On operation of the lift the rings on all 4 posts have 360 clearance and it works like a charm.

The winds were blowing over 40mph when I left and strong winds are predicted all week. I will see if it is the same when I get back doen to the lake Sunday.

Thanks to all for the input. Great way to add a second lift to my dock.

Does anyone know if it is worth it to change from 12v to 110? My plan is to get a cheep solar charger. Has anyone put an aftermarket charger on or are you all using the factory setup?

Also has anyone put an aftermarket 12v light on theirs?

Thanks again,

Andy

3399194126_c02af0ccf3_b.jpg

Edited by awilco

It gets easer each time as you get tricks to help. I pull and put in my lift and I go over a four foot sea wall each year. I had my docks and lift in this year in less than three hours. I did the docks myself and my bud helped with the lift. I think you will be fine with the wind if you have a boat on the lift. I never put my canapé on before I am ready to put the boat on the lift. I would be concerned with hi winds and no weight on the lift. The canapé frame is on but not the cover.

I am set up with 110 so can't help with 12v system. I have been thinking of putting in an overhead light also. We had very Strong winds here yesterday also and the lift is still as I set it.

I took the new puppy out last night for his last walk and he got blown off his feet. ROFL.gif

It gets easer each time as you get tricks to help. I pull and put in my lift and I go over a four foot sea wall each year. I had my docks and lift in this year in less than three hours. I did the docks myself and my bud helped with the lift. I think you will be fine with the wind if you have a boat on the lift. I never put my canapé on before I am ready to put the boat on the lift. I would be concerned with hi winds and no weight on the lift. The canapé frame is on but not the cover.

I am set up with 110 so can't help with 12v system. I have been thinking of putting in an overhead light also. We had very Strong winds here yesterday also and the lift is still as I set it.

I took the new puppy out last night for his last walk and he got blown off his feet. ROFL.gif

New pup, what kind?