Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boaters World

BigJerDog

I dont know if anyone already mentioned this but I was just at Boaters World and they are the latest to decide to call it quits. They are closing all stores. I know for me in the South Bay its one of the last "get everything you need" kinda places around... I guess that just leaves us with West Marine... Im not really a big fan so we will see what happens... Anyways blow out sale... everything must go... yada yada... go check it out

Jeremy

Wow,

That's the first I've heard about that. I too, preferred B.W. on Stevens Creek over W.M. on Saratoga just because of the size difference. But, now that I work in Santa Cruz, you can't beat the size of the W.M. they have there.

Boaters World and Ritz Camera are owned by the same company/guy. When I heard Ritz declared bankruptcy I thought it might spell the end for Boaters world.

I stopped in at the Stephen's Creek store today and everything is 10 to 30% off so no killer deals yet. The clerk told me that they would be open for another 2 months so I guess we will see further reductions soon. I asked him what happened and he told me BW was doing okay, it was because of the financial mess Ritz Camera was in that is causing the liquidation of BW.

-Dave

We were in Austin and went by their store only to find it gone. Went to West Marine later and the guy in there said they had moved out months ago and went to Dallas. Oh well, no good deals today.

Where are any in the metro detroit area? I looked for a "store locator" on their website and couldn't find any...I think there is one in st.clair shores, but that's quite a hike...