Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hey guys! new here with a few questions

duckguy

Hey guys I am new here and thinking about a new 09 VLX and have a few questions.

1. Engine-Monsoon 350 enough? (prop change) etc.

2. What do you guys recomend for rear locker additional bags. How much can I add, is there a custom bag available. Do I need to worry about that weight on the floor back there?

3. Do you guys have a prefered trailer brand?

4. I have not seen any wake pics from the 09 except the surf wake(which looks amazing) I guess I would like to see one with the additional ballast if anyone has one.

5. Is there anywhere that has a carpet cover. With it being not inga snap out I would want to protect it.

6. I am thinking sound pack 2. I would want to add my own sub box/amp and I will be adding two pairs of pro 60's with an amp for them. Are the cabin speakers underpowered from the factory.

Thanks guys!

The Monsoon is just fine, I’d recommend either the OJ 468 or 475 (if you cruise to your location).

Rear bags for wakeboarding or surfing? For surfing I use the Pro X 750’s. You can’t fill it 100% but you can get it close.

Talk to your dealer about a carpet saver, Malibu has sold them up until at least the ’08 models.

Unless and amp has been installed all the stock speakers are starved for power. Either the Bullet Hollow Points or the WS need power to operate correctly. I’d leave the stereo options at a minimum from the factory and do your own system.

The Monsoon is just fine, I’d recommend either the OJ 468 or 475 (if you cruise to your location).

Rear bags for wakeboarding or surfing? For surfing I use the Pro X 750’s. You can’t fill it 100% but you can get it close.

Talk to your dealer about a carpet saver, Malibu has sold them up until at least the ’08 models.

Unless and amp has been installed all the stock speakers are starved for power. Either the Bullet Hollow Points or the WS need power to operate correctly. I’d leave the stereo options at a minimum from the factory and do your own system.

Plus1.gif

Ok here you go.

Carpet savers are a factory option or dealer add on for 09' boats. Monsoon 350 is strong and seemed to be good on gas. For alot of additional wieght for wakeboarding I'd prop it down to the ACME 1235. For wakeboarding the wake was solid with stock ballast but gets huge with additional weight, sorry I have no pics of that wake. Easy to plumb additional ballast in these boats. Auto deploy wedge is absolutely awesome along with Malivue. Malivue has speed sensitive volume control you can program into it, as well as the ability to play ipod videos on it. You can fill a pro-x 750# sacs completely full in the 09' vlx rear lockers, I've done it.

As far as trailers I really like the Extreme trailers myself.

Sound pack 2 is a good option for adding the tower speakers and sub yourself. It will give you 8 interior speakers with amp I believe and the rest you can add later. The stock fosgate speakers are a good upgrade from the ones last year and earlier years. True marine grade and added power handling. If you don't get at least sound pack 1 with the black box you can't integrate the stereo with the Malivue.

So duckguy does this mean you sold your X-Star and coming over to the darkside?

Edited by 06vlx
Hey guys I am new here and thinking about a new 09 VLX and have a few questions.

2. What do you guys recomend for rear locker additional bags. How much can I add, is there a custom bag available. Do I need to worry about that weight on the floor back there?

4. I have not seen any wake pics from the 09 except the surf wake(which looks amazing) I guess I would like to see one with the additional ballast if anyone has one.

5. Is there anywhere that has a carpet cover. With it being not inga snap out I would want to protect it.

6. I am thinking sound pack 2. I would want to add my own sub box/amp and I will be adding two pairs of pro 60's with an amp for them. Are the cabin speakers underpowered from the factory.

Thanks guys!

What will you be doing - wakeboarding? surfing?

1. The Monsoon is plenty for a VLX. I wouldn't change the prop unless you maybe want more low-end for surfing - I like the 1235.

2. 750# bags are fine. Everyone uses them.

3. Each trailer has its good points

4. The 09 wake is supposed to be awesome all the way around.

5. Carpet saver

6. Order without stereo and have it done local.

Where are you?

Thanks guys!

What will you be doing - wakeboarding? surfing?

1. The Monsoon is plenty for a VLX. I wouldn't change the prop unless you maybe want more low-end for surfing - I like the 1235.

2. 750# bags are fine. Everyone uses them.

3. Each trailer has its good points

4. The 09 wake is supposed to be awesome all the way around.

5. Carpet saver

6. Order without stereo and have it done local.

Where are you?

Wakesurfing was not an issue what so ever with the 350 and stock prop.

The Monsoon is plenty with a 1235 or similar for most everyone except those that love big power.

750s best fill the rear lockers. You can fill them manually, or plumb them in to fill and drain with the MLS tanks in the back.

98% of dealers use Extreme or BoatMate depending on location and they're both best in class products.

Unless you MUST have the MUX integration (which is spotty at best), skip the factory offerings all-together and go aftermarket. The current JBL system has far too many bugs and sounds terrible.