Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would a good price be on a 2007 VTX

tnlegendracer

With trailer, cover, illusion, power wedge, bow ballast, chrome glovebox door, tower lights and speakers? We think we want a VLX, but this VTX is close-by and might be as good for slalom (even though it has a wake hull instead of diamond). I appreciate any input you can offer.

Thanks!

Upper/mid 40's for one that loaded up, but I bet you can find a VTX for around 40 if you look hard enough.

-Chris

I would think maybe $40k since you can buy a new 247 Rx from the Factory for $49k + tax

Is that the VTX that is on or was on Ebay? That is a sweet looking boat. But I would want the T3 tower so I could use a tower mounted barefoot boom.

Is that the VTX that is on or was on Ebay? That is a sweet looking boat. But I would want the T3 tower so I could use a tower mounted barefoot boom.

I would estimate, with the larger engine, around $40 to $45k. If you really want to slalom, though, I wouldn't compromise on the cut diamond hull. There are some used VTX's out there with cut diamond hulls- just takes a bit of searching. Good luck!

I have a hammerhead in my VTX. It is an awesome boat / engine combination. It is definitely worth the money if you want to barefoot. However, if you are interested in footin then I would also definitely get the T3 tower so you can use a tower boom. I have the cut diamond hull on mine. To me the cut diamond hull in the VTX doesn't have the same concern as the Response LXi cut diamond hull wake for footing. Most of the Pro footers don't like the new Response LXI Cut Diamond Hull, but the VTX seems to set up a different wake. Scarpa actually considered ordering a VTX for his footing camp. The VTX with the cut diamond hull is VERY impressive for a V-Drive. In my opinion it is better than a Tige 20i (direct drive) for slalom. It isn't a Response LXi slalom wake but it is far better than any V-Drive I have been in.

If you are talking about the one on E-Bay, I would have to discount it significantly for that color combination.

Bottom line, if you think you want a VLX then slalom and barefooting probably aren't that important to you anyway. However, if you do want to do it all, the VTX is as close to owning 2 great boats (a VLX and Response LXi) as you can get.

I have a hammerhead in my VTX. It is an awesome boat / engine combination. It is definitely worth the money if you want to barefoot. However, if you are interested in footin then I would also definitely get the T3 tower so you can use a tower boom. I have the cut diamond hull on mine. To me the cut diamond hull in the VTX doesn't have the same concern as the Response LXi cut diamond hull wake for footing. Most of the Pro footers don't like the new Response LXI Cut Diamond Hull, but the VTX seems to set up a different wake. Scarpa actually considered ordering a VTX for his footing camp. The VTX with the cut diamond hull is VERY impressive for a V-Drive. In my opinion it is better than a Tige 20i (direct drive) for slalom. It isn't a Response LXi slalom wake but it is far better than any V-Drive I have been in.

If you are talking about the one on E-Bay, I would have to discount it significantly for that color combination.

Bottom line, if you think you want a VLX then slalom and barefooting probably aren't that important to you anyway. However, if you do want to do it all, the VTX is as close to owning 2 great boats (a VLX and Response LXi) as you can get.

Matt you don't like the color combo Whistling.gif . The orange is good they should have reversed the green and blue. Clap.gif

A HH in a 20' vtx!!?? For some reason Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee come to mind, Lord I apologize!

:lol:

You can never have too much power in a boat. Max rated power is always the way to go on your toys.

Besides, the Monsoon tops out at 43 maybe 44 mph in the VTX. The hammerhead pushes 50 mph. Not a big deal for wakeboarding but for footing it is nice to have a few extra MPH available.

Matt you don't like the color combo Whistling.gif . The orange is good they should have reversed the green and blue. Clap.gif

If they only added at least 4 or 5 more non-matching colors then I would have been sold. I think they forgot to add vapor blue, pink ribbon, sangria, and driftwood. Maybe an all black interior to heat things up a bit too.

With trailer, cover, illusion, power wedge, bow ballast, chrome glovebox door, tower lights and speakers? We think we want a VLX, but this VTX is close-by and might be as good for slalom (even though it has a wake hull instead of diamond). I appreciate any input you can offer.

Thanks!

It is hard to say without knowing hours, condition, color combo, trailer, etc. Skiers Pier has one for $39,900 yet it isn't "like New". On the other hand I don't think I would take much less than $50K for my 08' but it is a "common" color combo, has an upgraded trailer and is in "Mint" condition.

Hope this helps!

PS. I have had both CD and Wake hulls in VTX's and I would say if you are not into "serious" wakeboarding I would try to go with the CD hull.

Edited by Willy