Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

She's finally home!

mcbean7

Hello all,

I finally picked up my "new-to-me" boat this weekend. After looking at several boats I ended up buying Wakegirl's boat (06 VLX). Wakegirl was kind enough to meet me in Bakersfield to deliver. Thank you to Wakegirl and Slider for making this a very smooth and enjoyable transaction.

Also, a big thanks to members here for all your help along the way...you guys rock!

MalibuNation
Hello all,

I finally picked up my "new-to-me" boat this weekend. After looking at several boats I ended up buying Wakegirl's boat (06 VLX). Wakegirl was kind enough to meet me in Bakersfield to deliver. Thank you to Wakegirl and Slider for making this a very smooth and enjoyable transaction.

Also, a big thanks to members here for all your help along the way...you guys rock!

Congradulations!

Congrats on the new boat, it was also smart to buy it from someone like Wakegirl. You'l know where to go for any information about the boat and you'll get plenty of it :)

You'll like your boat. I considered trading mine in this year for a new one, but decided that we still really liked the '06 VLX so we kept it.

Glad the deal worked for you.

It was good to meet you & your brother, & I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the boat. Wait 'til you see the surf wave. Biggrin.gif Just remember, all stock ballasts except for the off-side in the rear, surf side locker bag, wedge down with everyone on the surf side at about 10.4 set on the cruise. That should be about perfect. Rockon.gif

As for the new ride, well we'll see what is dealt to us & what we'll have to work with over the next year or so.

Thanks everyone. We are very happy with the boat. It's one of the best maintained and cleanest boat I've found. With the help of people here I plan on keeping it in pristine condition...as the day I brought her home.

Wakegirl and Slider-anytime you are in the desert, drinks and pulls are on me! By the way...my wife digs the heater! I think this coming season is going to be a long one. Thumbup.gif

Next up will be boat and trailer registration. My digital camera is on the fritz and my phone camera takes lousy pics. I'll find a camera and will post pics soon!

Not yet. I don't want her to get too comfortable...then she'll want to drive all the time! lol

Actually, I didn't think about the heated seat until mid day. By that time the sun had warmed up the interior so I didn't get a chance to try it out. Saturday we are heading out early (to beat the weekend crowd). I'm sure she'll be asking about it then.

Though I've never met Wakegirl or Slider... I'll be willing to bet a weeks wages that the boat you got was in BETTER shape than when SHE picked it up from the dealer! (Not to mention all the pimping that has been done...)

Congrats! Clap.gif

Patrick