Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help! Acme or OJ

bgriff7

Because a stump demolished my prop on Saturday.. I'm trying to make a decision on a prop replacement. I've been reading past posts on here and wakeworld with the comparisons but can't make up my mind.

I'm leaning torwards the OJ 475 over the Acme 1235 (read in a post better top end speed than the 1235).

Boat is a 08 23 LSV... usually have 8-12 people in the boat. 40% surfing, 40% wakeboarding, 20% slalom at 36 mph. Usually run additional 1500 lbs ballast on top of factory when surfing. Use the power wedge when wakeboarding. Stock holeshot sucks with the Acme 537... but it's a super smooth prop and I still need to have something that I can slalom at 36-38 mph without bouncing off the Rev limiter.

SO what do you think.. OJ 475 or Acme 1235?

I pick up my 08 23 LSV next week from the dealer and have been doing prop research. From what I can gather I have been told I can expect similiar hole shot from the OJ 475 vs. the ACME 1235 but said I would see more top end speed with the 475 so that was they was I was leaning. Unfortunately I am basing this on research but no on-lake experience with either prop.

Hope that helps.

Because a stump demolished my prop on Saturday.. I'm trying to make a decision on a prop replacement. I've been reading past posts on here and wakeworld with the comparisons but can't make up my mind.

I'm leaning torwards the OJ 475 over the Acme 1235 (read in a post better top end speed than the 1235).

Boat is a 08 23 LSV... usually have 8-12 people in the boat. 40% surfing, 40% wakeboarding, 20% slalom at 36 mph. Usually run additional 1500 lbs ballast on top of factory when surfing. Use the power wedge when wakeboarding. Stock holeshot sucks with the Acme 537... but it's a super smooth prop and I still need to have something that I can slalom at 36-38 mph without bouncing off the Rev limiter.

SO what do you think.. OJ 475 or Acme 1235?

I pick up my 08 23 LSV next week from the dealer and have been doing prop research. From what I can gather I have been told I can expect similiar hole shot from the OJ 475 vs. the ACME 1235 but said I would see more top end speed with the 475 so that was they was I was leaning. Unfortunately I am basing this on research but no on-lake experience with either prop.

Hope that helps.

Yeah thats kinda what I've gathered from my research.. little more top end speed with the 475. I was almost sold on the 475 until I read a post about bad vibrations with it.

No vibrations with my 475, we run pretty similar to you with ballast, crew and wedge. We dont ski, so didnt see what top end was, but was very happy with the hole shot over the 537.

Hope that helps.

Yeah thats kinda what I've gathered from my research.. little more top end speed with the 475. I was almost sold on the 475 until I read a post about bad vibrations with it.

If you get an OJ PROP that does have a vibration issue, I will replace it.

Hope that helps.

If you get an OJ PROP that does have a vibration issue, I will replace it.

I'm leaning toward the OJ 475 also based on generous feedback from the group. Nice to see that Eric will support to be sure that all is good.

Thanks Guys,

Mike

Because you will need a little bit more top end for skiing and the 475 would give you that. If you need a little more top end then just ask to have a little more put into the 475.

are these effects the same with the hammerhead instead of the monsoon, or would it be better with another prop. Same rule goes, want to increase top speed and better holeshot if possible