Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The "Make it right" program

skyskier

I have seen "Make it right" mentioned in random threads. It seems to be a 2008 thing. I own a 2008 23 LSV, but I have not been contacted about anything other than the throttle. I am hoping someone here can provide the full scoop. Thanks!

I am interested too, I have an '07 though and I am satisfied with the service that I have been getting. But I saw another post about the "Make it Right" program and he saiid that it appears that his wedge had been updated to auto wedge... I do not know if that could be done to my '07 since it does not have the ride presets and what not on the computer, but it sure would be nice if it could be updated.... And I have nto heard anything about he "Make it Right"

I am interested too, I have an '07 though and I am satisfied with the service that I have been getting. But I saw another post about the "Make it Right" program and he saiid that it appears that his wedge had been updated to auto wedge... I do not know if that could be done to my '07 since it does not have the ride presets and what not on the computer, but it sure would be nice if it could be updated.... And I have nto heard anything about he "Make it Right"

I got a call 2 weeks ago from Malibu, said they were coming out and wanted to do some extra service. They said on all 08's. Unfortunately they didn't give my dealer enough notice and he couldn't pull the boat out of storage. The dealer said they are getting trained in the service that the Malibu techs are doing and will do it for me when they pull it out. No powerwedge, so I can't comment on that.

Good Luck.

for a couple months back in the winter, Malibu sent out techs from California throughout the US to visit 08 owners to do various updates to their boats. It seems that the people picked for the service were somewhat at random.. I had several issues that I was in communication with malibu about so that may be the reason they came out.

Your local dealer should be able to do everything, if not more, than what they did during the program.

They came out to my house for the program. He only said he checked everything out and replace the front flip up light. Im interested in seeing if he did the auto wedge upgrade. Im going to be very unhappy if he didnt.. haha.

Edited by kentjina

Malibu's customer appreciation service for 2008 boats (not other model years, just 2008) I'm sure is still going on across the nation, i know they made one 2 week trip into Washington state and another 1 week trip. Any remainder boats in Bake's territory will be taken care of at the dealership as customers come in for their de-winterize, spring service, etc.

It was a check list of items that we're gone thru, replacing MUX switches with new ones (for ones with a better water proof membrane) making sure the XS tower bushings we're checked, checking the calibration for the wedge and making sure it has the most recent update, checking the engine to make sure it has the most recent update, etc.

If you haven't heard from Malibu contact your local dealer and ask them if Malibu is coming back in your area or do you need to set up a appointment to get it checked out at the dealership.

Hope this helps straighten things out.

-Paul

Good question on the auto wedge, 07' boats do have a similar system gauge computer but as far has how power is distributed it is completely different (with mux switches there is a new power module that distributes power under the dash that the gauges have control over) Where in the 07' boats they are not connected. I will do a little digging and let you know but I'm pretty sure the auto wedge feature is only available in the 2009 model year boats because of the updates and changes they did in the system in 2009.

-Paul

I woudl love to know if it is possible for an 08. My limited engineering skills say that it should be possible but, I am definitely not an expert.

Good question on the auto wedge, 07' boats do have a similar system gauge computer but as far has how power is distributed it is completely different (with mux switches there is a new power module that distributes power under the dash that the gauges have control over) Where in the 07' boats they are not connected. I will do a little digging and let you know but I'm pretty sure the auto wedge feature is only available in the 2009 model year boats because of the updates and changes they did in the system in 2009.

-Paul

Auto Wedge is part of the 09 software. All of the 09 programming changes would have to go in, which includes communication with engine

and fault codes/alarms. I guess the simple answer is '08's don't get auto wedge. So in theory if you updgraded an '08 to Malivue then you could otherwise no.

The Malibu techs are back in Houston I was informed by my dealer. They are suppose to call me to do the maint.

They came out to my house for the program. He only said he checked everything out and replace the front flip up light. Im interested in seeing if he did the auto wedge upgrade. Im going to be very unhappy if he didnt.. haha.

Why did they replace the light?

Oh, I don't know maybe because it didn't work... Tease.gif

That's funny. A better question would be why is the flip up light on the check list?

That's a good question, anyhow he told me that it flickered if tapped.

That's funny. A better question would be why is the flip up light on the check list?

i was hoping it was to replace the lights with led's. i burnt my arm on the housing one time.

Hey Justin, :biteme:

Thank you for the ilucidative clarification.

This is why I asked. I wasn't sure if the light was on the check list or he just happened to replace it because yours had a problem. Mine sometimes flickers when running with it on.

Hey Justin, :biteme:

Thank you for the ilucidative clarification.

This is why I asked. I wasn't sure if the light was on the check list or he just happened to replace it because yours had a problem. Mine sometimes flickers when running with it on.

Just attemping to lend a hand... Whistling.gif Isn't ilucidative spelled elucidative or is that just how we spell it on the left coast.. ;)

Thanks for your help once again. Nice to know you're always here with a helping hand. And, yeah, I was typing fast. Usually I can type fast and still be accurate--which you probably don't understand, because you have trouble being accurate at any speed. Tease.gif

Just got contacted by Malibu about this. They will be in our area and my boat is part of the follow-up program for review. They indicated that the focus is on the Illusion XS tower inspection, the computer upgrade, and the MUX switches. The Wedge programming is also part of the software upgrade but that does not make it automated like the '09 as some folks have indicated in other threads about this program. The rep did say that it should be improved but I'm not sure what that improvement will actually be vs. what I've seen to date. I hope to be able to be there when they do the inspection, etc., and I can give some better idea of what is being done.

Regards,

Mike

First off, I have to say cudos to Malibu Boats. They really stand behind their boats. I really wonder how many boat manufacturers would stand behind their products as much as Malibu does. Heck, even car manufacturers don't stand behind their products as strongly as Malibu does.

So, I just called back customer service to return their call to me regarding the customer appreciation service, ie "Make it right". Here is what they explained to me as to what they are doing for '08 boats.

1. check the XS Tower, replace bushings if necessary

2. callibrate power wedge, not add auto wedge (was accidentally put on '08 boat, but is a feature of '09 boats)

3. replce MUX switches

4. align prop shaft

5. at my request, check windshield to glove box seem to make sure it is water tight

6. at my request, check cracks in gelcoat by cleats

7. at my request, check intake tubing at bow

First off, I have to say cudos to Malibu Boats. They really stand behind their boats. I really wonder how many boat manufacturers would stand behind their products as much as Malibu does. Heck, even car manufacturers don't stand behind their products as strongly as Malibu does.

So, I just called back customer service to return their call to me regarding the customer appreciation service, ie "Make it right". Here is what they explained to me as to what they are doing for '08 boats.

2. callibrate power wedge, not add auto wedge (was accidentally put on '08 boat, but is a feature of '09 boats)

3. replce MUX switches

4. align prop shaft

5. at my request, check windshield to glove box seem to make sure it is water tight

Do we know why the MUX switches being replaced? Are we getting a mute button?

So recently our boat was checked by malibu and updated and whatnot. We werent there for it. Anyway the week after we went out and installed Perfect Pass. When we flipped the key the display showed "Service Required" and all the MUX switches showed options we dont have, MLS, Power Wedge...

We talked to the dealer and they said that we need to get that looked at.

Any ideas?

I have seen "Make it right" mentioned in random threads. It seems to be a 2008 thing. I own a 2008 23 LSV, but I have not been contacted about anything other than the throttle. I am hoping someone here can provide the full scoop. Thanks!

I was on the phone with customer service earlier today regarding another matter but quizzed him on this issue. He did not like calling it a "Make It Right" but it appears to be more of an Obama type jobs program wherein they keep their tech guys busy during this especially slow (ie lousy economy) slow season by offering to upgrade '08 systems software. It sounds like an ambitious noble feat but I am an '08 owner who is not going to run to the door everytime it rings to see if it is Malibu calling.

They will not upgrade to the '09 software with the "autowedge" capability-not yet. Their "upgrade" does address the delayed off of the system by now giving you an instant off button.

Let's hope they keep everyone in a job and can address downsides of our '08s at our convenience and at our homes (that is the plan) and that would be awesome customer service

EB

I was on the phone with customer service earlier today regarding another matter but quizzed him on this issue. He did not like calling it a "Make It Right" but it appears to be more of an Obama type jobs program wherein they keep their tech guys busy during this especially slow (ie lousy economy) slow season by offering to upgrade '08 systems software. It sounds like an ambitious noble feat but I am an '08 owner who is not going to run to the door everytime it rings to see if it is Malibu calling.

They will not upgrade to the '09 software with the "autowedge" capability-not yet. Their "upgrade" does address the delayed off of the system by now giving you an instant off button.

Let's hope they keep everyone in a job and can address downsides of our '08s at our convenience and at our homes (that is the plan) and that would be awesome customer service

EB

Are you saying the after the "make it right" you should the "ALL OFF" button the MUX? My boat went through the program and i went looking for the button.. not there... not even hidden.

3. replce MUX switches

4. align prop shaft

Do we know why the MUX switches being replaced? Are we getting a mute button?

It sounded to me that they were replacing all of the MUX panels.