Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 update to auto-wedge

bgriff7

It appears that my 08 has been updated to the auto-wedge feature. Wedge is full down on takeoff, then goes to the setting within a few mph of the set speed. I had no idea that there was an update for this.. really a huge improvement! Just thought I'd pass the word on to those that have not taken their 08s in to have the recall work and updates done.

And then 30 minutes later we nailed a submerged stump while I was surfing.. Wedge no longer working, and the prop is pretty tore up. Anyone know the company that makes the motorized actuators (think there is a decal on them)? The plastic pieces that the pin goes through broke.. I'll try to post a pic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bgriff7

• CrazyTegger

• skyskier

• Bake's Marine

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

claim it under warranty

happened to me malibu replace the whole unit

or you can call Paul at Bakes he can most likely get it for you

Edited by my malibu
warranty covers hitting stumps? haha... riight

right side of mine broke in two not sure if I hit anything or what just noticed it on the lift

100 % covered

It appears that my 08 has been updated to the auto-wedge feature. Wedge is full down on takeoff, then goes to the setting within a few mph of the set speed. I had no idea that there was an update for this.. really a huge improvement! Just thought I'd pass the word on to those that have not taken their 08s in to have the recall work and updates done.

And then 30 minutes later we nailed a submerged stump while I was surfing.. Wedge no longer working, and the prop is pretty tore up. Anyone know the company that makes the motorized actuators (think there is a decal on them)? The plastic pieces that the pin goes through broke.. I'll try to post a pic.

sorry to hear about the stump incident, but what do you mean that it appears your wedge has been updated to the auto-wedge? did someone modify it when you weren't looking?

Edited by Cervelo

I don't know when and how it was updated. I just had a new tower put on a couple days ago.. no mention about any software updates. The only update done was a few months ago when Malibu techs came out as part of the "Make it right" program. When I asked what they did, there was no mention about auto-wedge.

Do a "google" search on Lenco Marine and you will find a wealth of information on their actuators. I do not know if they will sell you individual actuator parts, but you can always call customer service. The individual actuators are pretty cheap and are often on ebay.

-Dave

I'm curious as well.....they came out for the "Make it Right" campaign to our dealer and went through my boat as well.

pretty cool update if that's true!

Do a "google" search on Lenco Marine and you will find a wealth of information on their actuators. I do not know if they will sell you individual actuator parts, but you can always call customer service. The individual actuators are pretty cheap and are often on ebay.

-Dave

Thanks for the info... Looks like I'll need both actuators replaced. Saw a few on ebay for around $150... just need to find out the exact model #.

Does anyone know for sure if the 2008 power wedge can be upgraded to auto wedge? Is it just a software change?

My 08 definately has the auto wedge feature.. how it was updated, not sure. This is an amazing improvement... I was very disappointed when I first got my boat and selected Wakeboard Advanced on the Preset, only to find out that my boat wouldn't even come to plane with the wedge set at that percentage.

Does anyone know for sure if the 2008 power wedge can be upgraded to auto wedge? Is it just a software change?

My 08 definately has the auto wedge feature.. how it was updated, not sure. This is an amazing improvement... I was very disappointed when I first got my boat and selected Wakeboard Advanced on the Preset, only to find out that my boat wouldn't even come to plane with the wedge set at that percentage.

hmmm... my 08 went through the "make it right" program and i do not have auto wedge (I was out Saturday and really with i had it.) My guess is that if you do indeed that it them they replaced your computer with the new one. I remember someone telling me that they didn't replace my computer "because i didn't need a new one".. but maybe "new one" meant the 09 computer (I have a early 08 23LSV.) I want to find out.. 'cause i REALLY want autowedge. We had the boat loaded up with 9 guys +ballast + wedge... which is a bit of a load for the Monsoon... I was "manually" lowering the wedge to get out of the hole then bringing it back into position once up to speed... would love for this to be "automatic"

Auto Wedge is part of the 09 software. All of the 09 programming

changes would have to go in, which includes communication with engine

and fault codes/alarms. I guess the simple answer is 08s don't get auto

wedge.

Are you sure your wedge is actually moving when you go from stop to plane? Or, maybe your wedge was just way out of calibration that it would not come on plane at the setting your gauge thought it was at. And, now that Malibu has visited, your wedge is calibrated correctly.

I say this because I have experienced this personally with my 08 before the wedge sensor was replaced and recalibrated.

Just a thought...

first run of the day I started out with wedge all the way down... once up on plane, I'd raise it almost to the "Max Wake position". Rider fell, idled back, pulled up again and noticed not only was my hole shot great, but the wedge was Full down. Once I got up to speed, the dial would go from the full down position and raise back up to the previous setting on Max Wake. It was not just the gauge moving, because the throttle would increase, nose raise, and wake steepen.. just what would happen when I would raise it manually once on plane. I observed this at least 10 more times... in disbelief. I spent 100+ hours last summer doing this s*** manually...

Call it what you want, but it sounds like the auto wedge feature found on the 09s.

Edited by bgriff7
first run of the day I started out with wedge all the way down... once up on plane, I'd raise it almost to the "Max Wake position". Rider fell, idled back, pulled up again and noticed not only was my hole shot great, but the wedge was Full down. Once I got up to speed, the dial would go from the full down position and raise back up to the previous setting on Max Wake. It was not just the gauge moving, because the throttle would increase, nose raise, and wake steepen.. just what would happen when I would raise it manually once on plane. I observed this at least 10 more times... in disbelief. I spent 100+ hours last summer doing this s*** manually...

Call it what you want, but it sounds like the auto wedge feature found on the 09s.

Cool!!! I have not had my "Make it Right" visit yet. I hope I get it also!!!

My boat just got the once over from the factory tech guys. Bottom line................auto wedge is not going to happen for the 2008 boats. Definitely not part of the "make it right" program. I have not run my boat yet, so I am going to hold to the dream until I see what the dash thing says.

My boat just got the once over from the factory tech guys. Bottom line................auto wedge is not going to happen for the 2008 boats. Definitely not part of the "make it right" program. I have not run my boat yet, so I am going to hold to the dream until I see what the dash thing says.

Did you not see the picture and the video? That is auto wedge all day long and I CERTAINLY dont have that feature on my 08. I am a little sick right now.......

Did you not see the picture and the video? That is auto wedge all day long and I CERTAINLY dont have that feature on my 08. I am a little sick right now.......

He's in denial..

He's in denial..

I emailed our dealer. I'm excited, yet afraid of his response...