Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop question

Skidim.com recommended a OJ XMP 3 blade 13X11.5 for my 1999 sunsetter. Their price is $403 and I found it at www.nettleprops.com for $368. The only thing is on nettleprops it says a .090 cup. Is that standard? Is the one from skidim.com the same one? Thanks for the help.

Take a look @ Acme 3 blade. Larger blade really makes prop work. (and super smooth) Read up on them @ Acmemarine.com and call the guys at Delta Propeller for a suggested model. Pony up the bucks to be a crew supporter, get in on the prop group buy before the end of March. The acme 515 works real well on my 99 Response with 325hp used a slalom boaA

I put the acme 525 13x11.5 on mine which replaced my original ss 13x13 made a HUGE difference. Either acme or oj your going to love the difference in your performance on your sunsetter. I actually found mine on craigslist for $250 brand new Yahoo.gif

Skidim.com recommended a OJ XMP 3 blade 13X11.5 for my 1999 sunsetter. Their price is $403 and I found it at www.nettleprops.com for $368. The only thing is on nettleprops it says a .090 cup. Is that standard? Is the one from skidim.com the same one? Thanks for the help.
I put the acme 525 13x11.5 on mine which replaced my original ss 13x13 made a HUGE difference. Either acme or oj your going to love the difference in your performance on your sunsetter. I actually found mine on craigslist for $250 brand new Yahoo.gif

Acme 525 is the way to go! Just replaced a 13x13 and made world of difference!

AF1

.090 is the standard cup on the XMP....Max at skiertoskier.com has the prop for $373 and free shipping. The 13x11.5 will work well on your boat.

That's what I have and absolutely love it... A couple years ago I thought about going with Acme but after talking with Max I decided on the OJ, Max is great to deal with and had answers to all my questions. I would still like to get the Acme 525 with the crew discount so I can do a heads up comparison as well as have another backup.

I've got a 93 f3 euro, what kind of performance difference did you notice with the 525 acme? Top end, pulling skiers, WOT etc... I have a 13x13 right now and i'm looking to get more response from my boat.

I upgraded last year from a OJ 4 force to the XMP 13 X 11.5. My OJ 4 technically was closer to 13 X 12.5 for more low end. With my 13X13 CVP (Yes, I have now relegated it to a paperweight) I could get close to 50 and I wanted to get most of that back. My mindset was that you have to give something up to gain another, and I was ok with that.

I am really happy with the XMP. I have the same low end as my OJ 4, and close to the high end of the CVP. Its quiet and the wake is smooth.

For reference. I have 315 hp and use it mostly for slalom and barefooting.

Edited by bretski75

With the 11.5 pitch vs 13 the hole shot was much better and it did not reduce my topend. Also noticed it cleaned up my wake a little at slalom speed.

I've got a 93 f3 euro, what kind of performance difference did you notice with the 525 acme? Top end, pulling skiers, WOT etc... I have a 13x13 right now and i'm looking to get more response from my boat.