Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion X tower

So this past weekend I went out for a Sunday Ride Sesh. The day before I took my boat out got it all prep'd for Sunday and put it back in the shop were we store are boat. Took it out on Sunday as I always do but this time i forgot to lower the tower :( guess I was just excited to get it out on the water. Anyways i managed to rip off the bar were the pylon ball is on the tower, in all honesty it looks like someone just cut it off with a saw nice clean cut. As i wonder to myself how does a 6x2 and aluminum take off that part of the tower. Note i was idling of of my shop so I'm very confused on that one. Does anyone know if the tower is under warranty or should I just call my dealer.

Thanks

So this past weekend I went out for a Sunday Ride Sesh. The day before I took my boat out got it all prep'd for Sunday and put it back in the shop were we store are boat. Took it out on Sunday as I always do but this time i forgot to lower the tower :( guess I was just excited to get it out on the water. Anyways i managed to rip off the bar were the pylon ball is on the tower, in all honesty it looks like someone just cut it off with a saw nice clean cut. As i wonder to myself how does a 6x2 and aluminum take off that part of the tower. Note i was idling of of my shop so I'm very confused on that one. Does anyone know if the tower is under warranty or should I just call my dealer.

Thanks

So you drove through your garage door with the tower up and you want to know if warranty will cover it Fingerwag.gif .

Thanks

So you drove through your garage door with the tower up and you want to know if warranty will cover it Fingerwag.gif .

Yes, unfortunately its just one of those things like wow did i really just do that. Anyways i figure it wont be covered under warranty just because I did it on sheer stupidity, but i was just curious on how it broke just idling out of my shop on a 2x6 and aluminum. I guess it was at the right angle. I know a very good cast aluminum welder but i really don't want to take a chance when towing a rider since it was a solid pieace. Guess gotta fork out the cash to get a new tower. :(

Thanks

Yes, unfortunately its just one of those things like wow did i really just do that. Anyways i figure it wont be covered under warranty just because I did it on sheer stupidity, but i was just curious on how it broke just idling out of my shop on a 2x6 and aluminum. I guess it was at the right angle. I know a very good cast aluminum welder but i really don't want to take a chance when towing a rider since it was a solid pieace. Guess gotta fork out the cash to get a new tower. :(

Warranty won't cover it but insurance should. That tower is over $3K I believe.

You said you know a good welder,well welder the frinkin thing and move on. A weld will be everybit as strong ,so why spend all that $ to replace??? Not to sure what your thinking???

You said you know a good welder,well welder the frinkin thing and move on. A weld will be everybit as strong ,so why spend all that $ to replace??? Not to sure what your thinking???

I agree, I would get a good welder to weld it back on before I shelled out the dough for a new tower. A buddy of mine was quoted $3500 for a new tower.