Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gearing up to pick up new Bu

aylor11

Well, I'm getting really excited to pick up our new Bu (however, still prob about another month away) but have 2 questions I hope someone can help with....

1. Does the Malivue have the water temp on it as well. I see the air temp but the video I saw was blurry and that was about all I could see.

2. I have an 05 F-150 Supercrew truck, what type of trailer hitch ball drop do you recommend (2" drop, 4" drop, etc). The one I have right now is a straight ball hitch with no drop, will this raise the tongue to high?

3. Same question as #2 but what about for an 08 Yukon Denali as well, same hitch?

Thanks all!

Edited by aylor11

The hitch height will be completely different for each type of trailer and the rims and tires on them. I think it is worth the money to buy one of the height adjustable hitches. That way it really doesn't matter which vehicle you use to tow, just change the drop and a you are good to go!!!

post-5478-1237493179.gif

Edited by trentj6930
The hitch height will be completely different for each type of trailer and the rims and tires on them. I think it is worth the money to buy one of the height adjustable hitches. That way it really doesn't matter which vehicle you use to tow, just change the drop and a you are good to go!!!

If we'd only done that years ago....we have a small fortune invested in different sized drop hitches.

I believe that Malivue has both water & air temp.

Here is a shot of the Maliview I took during a test drive last fall, no water temp and depth on this one sorry.

IMG_1704.jpg

Edited by Kingfish
Here is a shot of the Maliview I took during a test drive last fall, no water temp and depth on this one sorry.

IMG_1704.jpg

Yes malivue does have water temp and depth screens.

The maliview has lots of screens. You can choose one with temp.

Luciano from argentina

IMG_1704.jpg

Yes malivue does have water temp and depth screens.

IMG_1704.jpg

Look like Depth and both temps on the right hand guage in the pic Whistling.gif

If you were to change the viewing screen on the Maliview you would see a graphical depthfinder, much like a scrolling fish finder.

These are made of aluminium. My hitch guy said he's seen TONS of these snap. I would highly recomend getting a steel drop hitch. Try one of the ones you have to get you home. If it's not the right height, spend the money on a proper steel one.

My $0.02.

That dash looks like a vehicles dash board. Will it hold up in the wet enviroment? That looks like one cool option. Is it only on the wake boats or all 09's?

These are made of aluminium. My hitch guy said he's seen TONS of these snap. I would highly recomend getting a steel drop hitch. Try one of the ones you have to get you home. If it's not the right height, spend the money on a proper steel one.

My $0.02.

How about this one instead? Solid steel and chrome!! Drool.gif

post-5478-1237517621.jpg

Yup on the right hand gauge but not on the maliview photo I submitted :)

It's ok Kingfish obviously you didn't get to play with the Maliview on your demo. We'll catch you up to speed.

Personally I would NEVER tow anything larger than a dinghy with an aluminum ball mount. Aluminum is much more brittle than steel. Steel may bend but aluminum will snap.

JMHO...

Good luck... Whistling.gif

patrick

Thanks for the info on the Malivue, seems it does have the water temp.

Now I'm in a pickle on whether to look at the aluminum adjustable or the steel type. Any others on pros and cons of both?

Now I'm in a pickle on whether to look at the aluminum adjustable or the steel type. Any others on pros and cons of both?

what other pro's and con's do you need? the aluminum has the potential to fatigue and break. the steel has the potential to bend but not break.

aluminum is lighter

if you get the chromed steel, they both look great.

most wheels (including on tractor trailer units) are aluminum, i can't think of anyone that has had a problem with the aluminum hitch and can't recall any posts on this site about that.

i would go for the billet aluminum, they just have more appeal to me, just check it for cracks before use, kinda like what truckers are supposed to do (on their wheels) on a trip inspection.

Given the fatigue curve of aluminum, I'm gonna say steel.

txdyna65, thanks for the heads up on the campers world hitch. Question though, do you think the 6000lb limit is enough for a 23LSV and trailer?

Thanks.

txdyna65, thanks for the heads up on the campers world hitch. Question though, do you think the 6000lb limit is enough for a 23LSV and trailer?

Thanks.

I have an F250 superduty 4x4 and run the straight hitch. The rear end sag from the weight of the trailer makes it perfectly level (but the truck sags a bit though). I would only look into a drop hitch if your truck is lifted (and it doesnt sound like it).

Here is a picture of the height of my truck. Sorry, I dont have one of the truck and boat.

Edit: You will be just fine pulling that with an f150.

DSC00337.jpg

Edited by LiQUiDSX

I have an adjustable Hitch like the one pictured above (Aluminum) No problems yet but I would recommend buying a hitch lock.. They are expensive piececs of aluminum...

Thanks.

Ive been using that same hitch to pull our 08 23 LSV. Im like alot of others here. Ive got 4 other different size hitches scattered around my garage as well. After I bought that one I only use it for our different trailers and tow vehicles.

Edited by txdyna65

06vlx

Yeah I was a little over whelmed the day I was out for the test drive; so much to play with. Looking forward to all the help . :werule:

The hitch discussion is timely as I'm not sure yet what I need and what if any suspension changes will be required, 2001 Tahoe with 160,000 kms.