Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 Monza vs. RCX

Mino

I currently ski on a 08 Monza. Got it last year after skiing on a 05 Monza. Like the ski, but don't love it. Not sure if it is me or the ski. I have found a good deal ($525) on a 08 Nomad RCX. I am thinking about buying it as I have heard good things about it. Normally I would demo before I buy, but given that I am not buying it from a dealer this is not an option. So I am interested to hear from anyone who has skiied on both. What can I expect from the RCX vs. the Monza. Looking to see if the RCX will help me improve faster than the Monza.

Let me know your thoughts.

Edited by Mino

I went from being on a HO CDX for about 5 years to a D3 X5. Not exactly the same, but close.

I think the D3 is more predictable. It also does a good job with edge change.

The D3 might be a touch faster than my CDX was, but also more forgiving.

Also, It seems to ski easier. Not getting any younger and I don't ever feel too tired or beat up with the D3 after tough sets when you might be scrambling a little.

All the guys I ski with are on an X5, Nomad or Goode (10-12 of us). No more HO's around, and quite a few used to have a CDX, Phantom or Monza.

Anywhere from 15 off 32mph, up to 35 off.

Hope this helps. I'm a fan.