Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Propeller 1999 Sportster LX for wakeboarding and wakesurfing with lots of ballast+wedge

Was hoping to get some first hand advice for a new prop. I have a CSV SS Prop and would like to replace it with something more suitable for

wakeboarding and wakesurfing with lots of ballast+wedge.

Thanks

Edited by bartsan

Not sure on OJ, but I would look at an Acme 515 or possibly 525 depending on how much ballast you're running. A little boat like that though, the 525 may be overkill. You may even be better off with a 449. Call Bill at Acme on Monday & ask him, he's the guru. I suspect that it will be one of those 3 props though.

Not sure on OJ, but I would look at an Acme 515 or possibly 525 depending on how much ballast you're running. A little boat like that though, the 525 may be overkill. You may even be better off with a 449. Call Bill at Acme on Monday & ask him, he's the guru. I suspect that it will be one of those 3 props though.

Thanks i will call Bill .......

i have an opportunity to buy a used but good condition

OJ 12.5 X 13 LC 1 1/8” SS 4BLD prop NOT CNC $175

Ski dim suggested i get the OJ 12.5 X 12 LH 1-1/8" BORE CNC 4BLD KEYED $425 and one other that i can't remember.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I agree with Wakegirl's choices. Not sure which one would be best for boarding& surfing but I run an Acme 515 on My 99 Response with 325 hp Almost exclusively for slalom

My original was a CVP 13x13 SS (what size & pitch is yours?) . Extremely pleased with the power & smoothness of the 515. Go on acmemarine.com & under FAQ read up on 3 blade props. Two other reasons to go with 3 ILO 4 blade (unless the 4 gets some real specific performance one is after) 3 blade is cheaper to buy and repair. In the event of hitting something, a SS prop is more likely to transmit the force of impact to other driveline gear, potentially causing more damage than if running a Nibral prop. Best place I found to purchase and send for repairs was deltaprop.com Give them a call after talking to Bill @ Acme & see if you get a consences on which to buy.

Thanks i will call Bill .......

i have an opportunity to buy a used but good condition

OJ 12.5 X 13 LC 1 1/8” SS 4BLD prop NOT CNC $175

Ski dim suggested i get the OJ 12.5 X 12 LH 1-1/8" BORE CNC 4BLD KEYED $425 and one other that i can't remember.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I would stay with a CNC prop, they're just more consistent. I can't speak to Skidim's choice, but Eric at OJ would also be a great resource to tap.

For your application I would suggest our 13 X 11 LC 1 1/8" XMP 3-blade, part #324. The used 12.5 X 13, while a good price, would not work well for your application. Give me a call if you have any questions. Eric @OJ PROPS - 800-359-9730