Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

yellow stains on the boat

I try to pull the boat out of the water every couple of weeks to clean off the water spots and give it a general cleaning, however there is a yellow stain forming on the hull that I cannot get off with the crap products I am using, any ideas on how to get it off?

I try to pull the boat out of the water every couple of weeks to clean off the water spots and give it a general cleaning, however there is a yellow stain forming on the hull that I cannot get off with the crap products I am using, any ideas on how to get it off?

Starbright Hull Cleaner...... available at any marine supply store. Spray it on, let it sit for a minute & then hose it off.

I would highly recommend Tony's Topical Toilet Tonic. It gets all of the Willamette crud off when I pull the boat out every 6 weeks or so. It really does work well.

Edited by obski

I'd second Tony's formula. I just got back from vacation where I had to leave the boat in the water for 6 days straight and it was pretty nasty.

I used Tony's formula for the first time and it was incredible. This is one of the very few instances where something that sounds too good to be true really is just that good.

50% Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner / 50% Hydrogen Peroxide

The Lysol is the blue gell stuff w/ NO CHLORINE.

Just spray it on, wipe with a towel, and rinse it off. It will strip the wax, so plan on doing a full wash/wax afterwards.

Mike

Ducky + Elbow Grease works pretty good it is isn't too thick/old....

I bought the ingredients for Tony's Formula and have a couple of questions. The lysol is 10% hydrochloric acid, mixed with the peroxide the Formula is still 5% acid. Is this safe for the boat and secondary to that is it safe for the hands??

I bought the ingredients for Tony's Formula and have a couple of questions. The lysol is 10% hydrochloric acid, mixed with the peroxide the Formula is still 5% acid. Is this safe for the boat and secondary to that is it safe for the hands??

For the most part I don't need to have it touch my hands - just spray on and rinse off. For stubborn areas I use a stiff brush with a handle, again not touching the hands before rinsing off. I do get some on my hands and it does burn some, but not bad, so gloves would probably be the smart thing to be wearing. I also wear old clothes that I don't care about getting holes in them later.

It does strip the wax off, so I always wax the boat after cleaning with the magic formula. I don't put any on the inside of the boat, but I always end up using 303 on the vinyl at the same time anyway.

For the most part I don't need to have it touch my hands - just spray on and rinse off. For stubborn areas I use a stiff brush with a handle, again not touching the hands before rinsing off. I do get some on my hands and it does burn some, but not bad, so gloves would probably be the smart thing to be wearing. I also wear old clothes that I don't care about getting holes in them later.

It does strip the wax off, so I always wax the boat after cleaning with the magic formula. I don't put any on the inside of the boat, but I always end up using 303 on the vinyl at the same time anyway.

Safety Glasses!!!!!!!

I do get some on my hands and it does burn some, but not bad, so gloves would probably be the smart thing to be wearing. I also wear old clothes that I don't care about getting holes in them later.
Safety Glasses!!!!!!!

I am pretty sure this stuff will work but perhaps there is something out there that will work just as good and is a little less toxic.