Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Scarpa Plate and Wedge

bigpaps

Hey I wakeboard and my dad slalom skis. You see there lyes the problem. We had talked about how we thought we could integrate both the scarpa plate idea with the wedge. We thought that we could make our own scarpa plate but have slots cut out so that the wedge would still be able to lock into the down position. We currently have the manual wedge. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks

The SSP won't make an appreciable difference at slalom speeds and line lengths, it's designed for speeds above 36MPH and line lengths closer to 80'. Put a little weight (less than 200lbs.) in the bow if you're looking for a way to improve the slalom wake for your dad.

The SSP is for footing, but I do remember some comments from uses that it actually helped the slalom wake. Perhaps some actual users will chime in. What you want to do to improve the slalom wake would be to add hook the the transom of the boat. You might look at what the Nautique has as a wake enhancer (both ways) and try to emulate that. That system is pretty much an adjustable hook at the back of the boat.

Thanks we had both heard that The Scarpa Plate would help with slalom skiing, We both barefoot too so i guess it would help out there.

It may flatten the wake a bit, but it makes it harder. I've skied a Response LXi with an SSP and I went OTF on my first wake cross & I never go OTF. And, yes, the SSP was set up correctly using Scarpa's direction, so it wasn't an issue of adjustment or anything like that.

If an SSP improved the slalom wake you'd see hard core buoy chasers putting them on their RLXi's and that just ain't happening.

Mike

Edited by mlange
  • 5 months later...

We had a golf course expand to be around and on a island on our lake that is just big enough for our 2 courses. The nitrates/ chemicals, whatever changed the water so much, that I have to change my ski settings radically for everywhere else I ski. Even the boat rode so much deeper that I started making my own wake plates for my Response. I ended up with a 7 1/4" wide 3" long plate angled about 3-4 degrees down. It brought the wake back to it's original size without any wake hardness. It seems that the longer the plate the harder the wake was if I recall correctly.

Edited by jackski