Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

shower kits

criggan

so I have a 96 malibu response lx and have mounted and mostly plumbed the mixing valve for 101s heatercraft shower and now time to mount and wire shower pump, any great ideas as you know if you have done one of these kits already the instructions are minimal. any help would be great. would like to be skiing on the 14th weather permitting. thanks

Biggest hint I can give is to suggest you install easily cleaned readily accessable filters between the engine and the shower controls. Otherwise the valves keep blocking & cleaning them almost use gets frustrating real quick.

Biggest hint I can give is to suggest you install easily cleaned readily accessable filters between the engine and the shower controls. Otherwise the valves keep blocking & cleaning them almost use gets frustrating real quick.

what about pump mounting location? that where Im stumped.

When I installed one on my Echelon I put the pump beside the Fuel Tank in the back.. Then I ran the wire up the factory fiberglassed tubing under the gunnel to an ACC switch and spliced them together.. My ACC switch was already powered and there was a fuse already in place if I recall correctly...

Mine is right next to the mixing valve. In this picture it's just to the left of the mixing valve. The one Malibu I used as a reference at the dealer had it mounted in the same place.

post-197-1236558846_thumb.jpg

And you can pick up a switch cover from Bakes online for $5 to replace the generic accessory switch cover you currently have. http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=638

Mike

Edited by mlange
Any suggestions of a good place to purchase a complete shower unit for my 2005 R LXI?

boaters outlet.com was the least expensive $199.95 instructions are not the greatist but once you figure it out it was easy and works great.

My pump is installed behind the rear panel in the trunk (where the arrows are). The control is mounted on the side, inside the trunk.

/Steve

post-256-1238074854_thumb.jpg post-256-1238074867_thumb.jpg

Like Pennery, probably because I have the same boat. Its mounted to the floor next to the gas tank. I know the back seat is differren't between the Echelon and Response but my seat back flips up so its easily accessable. And my mixing valve, if thats what its called, is under the motorbox. It sounds like a bad place but I never adjust the temp, so it turned out great.

Edited by bretski75