Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign of the Times??????

auto

So I have sold two previous Malibu's and several other types of items like this. It seems as though this time around I have been getting some lowball offers, I mean 10-15k off of asking price and my 2007 is priced fair, not a steal, not expensive. I think people see bad economy and assume everyone is in trouble. Thoughts???

I think you are spot on.

You never know until you ask though.

I recently bought a 2006 Chevy Express 3/4 ton van for the company with 26k miles on it for my lowball offer of $7800.00. The van is showroom condition with all the interior steel shelves I was amazed they took it and prepared to pay more.

There are a bunch of left over 08's out there. I got a quote for a loaded VLX that was bank repo'd, sent back to Malibu to give it a once over and than coming back to a new dealer here in CA, for less $$ than most people are selling there used boats for right now. I heard the majority of these repo's are heading out towards TX which won't help resale values there either.

If I had my boat sold, no hits on it either, I would be diving into that VLX in a heartbeat.

I think that new boats have drastically become overpriced. If there is a 'market correction' for the sale price of new boats I think that you will continue to see low offers for used boats. It's a buyers market for almost everything and will continue to be a buyers market for the balance of this year.

It's common knowledge out there that there are people who are accepting low ball offers for tons of items.

My brother is looking at houses on acreage in Norcal. A 3 bedroom house on 5 acres with a 2 car garage, a separate shop, and a pool..... a place that normally would go for close to $500k, and is now priced around $300k..... and they are offering less than $200k.

They just made their 3rd offer on a place like that. No one has accepted yet, but I won't be surprised when one does get accepted.

Yea, I know a guy who lives up on Diamond Lake in the NE corner of WA. He's been sittin with a wad of cash in his pocket, waiting for the right moment. He just got a place...... 6 bedroom house on 100' of waterfront. Nice house built in the early 90s. Sold for $688k in 2006. The bank foreclosed on it recently. He settled with the bank for $360k.

Drool.gif

Just got to Craigslist.com and look up any item.

First of the year I bought a new Mt. Bike and in my search I was flabergasted at the amount of posts that read, 'Need to make ________ (insert, house, truck, car, alimony) payment.' Or that they were already behind on a payment, etc.

It's not good out there for many folks. Goldman Sachs says they anticipate a 56% drop in the market from the high. Which means we've got more to go. Not a lot more, but more...

This is TOTAL rumor, but a friend of mine said he spoke to Frank Cope about what he's doing now. Apparently he was going into business with a Chinese financial backer and they are going to buy up a fleet worth of repos. Mostly Sanger, Centurion, etc. No Malibu or Mastercrafts. They said they were looking at the $29K pricepoint and they were going to be able to double their money. Buy them from the bank for $10-15K and then sell them for $25-29K.

Talk about driving the market down...

Prices are sort of a wash (selling your boat vs upgrading to something newer) right now, unless you are getting a new 09...

I think you are spot on.

I recently bought a 2006 Chevy Express 3/4 ton van for the company with 26k miles on it for my lowball offer of $7800.00. The van is showroom condition with all the interior steel shelves I was amazed they took it and prepared to pay more.

Crazy price on that van...just sold the same thing for 17K plus tax and tags. Believe it or not used car values are going upat least short term...

I think you are spot on.

Crazy price on that van...just sold the same thing for 17K plus tax and tags. Believe it or not used car values are going upat least short term...

Not too difficult to believe - they were so low 3 months ago that they had nowhere to go but up. I still can't believe what I paid for my Expy. With that & the fact that some people are starting to take advantage of the good deals, things had to be headed upward. We'll see if it sticks though. Lots of things have to happen before we even begin to see the light at the end of this tunnel.

I think you are spot on.

Not too difficult to believe - they were so low 3 months ago that they had nowhere to go but up. I still can't believe what I paid for my Expy. With that & the fact that some people are starting to take advantage of the good deals, things had to be headed upward. We'll see if it sticks though. Lots of things have to happen before we even begin to see the light at the end of this tunnel.

Part of the reason used auto prices have gone up is because very few new are being sold, so there are far fewer trade ins, resulting in fewer used vehicles available. This will probably happen to used boat prices next year or in 2011. The old supply/demand thing.