Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Purple Leds

Malibuzer

Thanks to LILJOHN, I have been toying with the led light project for quite a while and I have searched TMC message boards as well as the Wakeworld archives and haven't seen to much info regarding purple LED's. My boat has the black iris on the outside and I would love to accent the outer vents and the cupholders with purple leds. I have researched this topic quite a bit and have not found anything that seems to be able to do the trick. The next step would be to buy some RGB leds and try the red and blue combination to make the purple color I would like. Has anyone from the crew run in to something new out there? Or do you have any suggestions for doing the accent lighting? I am not sure how a blue or red led would look with the purple! I have attached a larger photo of my boat to show the color I am looking for.

post-5478-1235766571_thumb.jpg

I have some purple that was put in by the stereo shop, but I am not sure where they came from. Maybe Dave from Earmark can chime in here if he is watching. I am interested in putting some in my vents as well.

they don't list having a purple led, but the middle one sure looks purple

696.jpg

taken from this website:oznium.com

Cervelo, i actually called Oznium and they said the UV lights that they sell are not anywhere near as bright as the other colors. It has something to do with the wavelength of the purple. That is the exact lights that LILJOHN has installed.

they don't list having a purple led, but the middle one sure looks purple

696.jpg

taken from this website:oznium.com

Cervelo, i actually called Oznium and they said the UV lights that they sell are not anywhere near as bright as the other colors. It has something to do with the wavelength of the purple. That is the exact lights that LILJOHN has installed.

i've purchased from oznium before and they are great to deal with. I've heard about the purlpe led's not having the output of other leds, have you considered trying to play with using a red and blue led together? another option would be to find an accent color that works with the purple. or even white would look cool

unless you're hung up on LED's, don't they sell the neon light kits for cars/motorcycles in purple?

they sure seem pretty bright when a car drives by that has them.

unless you're hung up on LED's, don't they sell the neon light kits for cars/motorcycles in purple?

they sure seem pretty bright when a car drives by that has them.

i'd personally go with the cold cathode's if you're going in that direction. they are pretty small and uniformly bright, one issue is the 'ballast' you'd want to seal that up with silicone, but i'm not sure how that would affect it's venting/cooling properties.

I hope this works. If you do want to go with the LED light bars (for under vehicles-which is nice cause they're water resistant/proof and shake proof), you can get purple and a handful of other colors. Of course this wouldn't lite the vents but at least the gunwhales.

I have a photo of the purple from mine (blue and red LED lit). If you'd like to see it pm me and I can send it to you (unless you can suggest a site to upload to other than flickr).

I hope this works. If you do want to go with the LED light bars (for under vehicles-which is nice cause they're water resistant/proof and shake proof), you can get purple and a handful of other colors. Of course this wouldn't lite the vents but at least the gunwhales.

I have a photo of the purple from mine (blue and red LED lit). If you'd like to see it pm me and I can send it to you (unless you can suggest a site to upload to other than flickr).

I have sent you a pm. Send me the pics if you can to my e-mail in my profile.

Thanks,

Trent