Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

new boat well to me

JayHoy

I am a newbie on this site. Seems to be a ton of great people and info sharing the same love of malibu boats.Just picked up this boat tonight,my first inboard. She is a 1993 malibu near perfect seeing she is 15 years old

I need to figure out how to post pics lol

I am a newbie on this site. Seems to be a ton of great people and info sharing the same love of malibu boats.Just picked up this boat tonight,my first inboard. She is a 1993 malibu near perfect seeing she is 15 years old

I need to figure out how to post pics lol

welcome aboard, post your pics on photobucket then use the insert image link to link the url. the picture will show in your post. easy.

nice looking boat btw.spring09002.jpg

Edited by Cervelo

I live in mass. I owned a i/o boat for the past three years and found this boat at a deal to good to pass up in ct. It sucks buying a boat with 13 plus inches of ice on the lake and snow on the ground.

Coming from a boarder who thinks a boat is only good if it has a tower, I got to say that is a great looking boat. I bet you can't wait to get it on the water.

I too was a I/O for several years before I recently got my BU.

Nice looking Echelon. I love yellow boats and I have had 2 of them if you include the gold metalflake Glastron I bought new in 1979.

For my taste those Echelons have the best lines that was carried through to the Response LX boats. It's hard to beat that look.

Welcome fellow Echelon owner,

I am sure you will have years of fun. Mine has been rock solid for 12 years. Let me know if I can help you out in any way.

For example, heater / shower locations, prop selection, etc.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!! I did a bunch of home work on these boats,and for what I paid for it I feel I stole it and the color really sold me on it. Had a 1997 glastron i/o and after selling it last week the malibu only cost me $2500 out of pocket. Planing on a pylon for now and a tower after I buy a boat lift for her. My only complaint is the boat has no cleats, and I have to figure out how the perfect pass works. Looks like I will spending quite a bit of time on the site!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!! I did a bunch of home work on these boats,and for what I paid for it I feel I stole it and the color really sold me on it. Had a 1997 glastron i/o and after selling it last week the malibu only cost me $2500 out of pocket. Planing on a pylon for now and a tower after I buy a boat lift for her. My only complaint is the boat has no cleats, and I have to figure out how the perfect pass works. Looks like I will spending quite a bit of time on the site!

Sounds like you got a good deal, but I must warn you, hanging around here everyone will help you spend more than that $2500 :lol: You'll be needing and buying things you never knew you really needed LOL Yes voice of experience talking, and I was warned too Whistling.gif

Welcome fellow Echelon owner,

I am sure you will have years of fun. Mine has been rock solid for 12 years. Let me know if I can help you out in any way.

For example, heater / shower locations, prop selection, etc.

I will definitally take you up on that offer!!!!!!The boat has a hot cold shower from the factory. The last owner installed with a stainless steel three blade prop which honestly scares me a bit. I know the lake I live on very well but still think in the back of mind hitting something will cost big money.

Here you go, pop up cleats.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=753