Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Pricing "TODAY"

tmacwake

We have been thinking about selling our boat and with today's economy I was wondering what you all that I could get for it. It is a 2007 Wakesetter VTX with around 95 hours. Please view my "MY VTX" link below as I have detailed picture gallery with descriptions. Any feedback that you can provide would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Edited by tmacwake

First, absolutely beautiful boat. I chose the Titan III tower also. The color choice is great too. Very nice. I am also partial to the VTX. I think is is the perfect boat if you are only going to own one boat. I have been in other "crossover boats" but none compared to this boat.

However, as you know this is a terrible time to sell. I also have a new VTX so I feel for you. Unless you lost your job, had a huge cut in pay, or something way out of the ordinary has happened to your family situation where the only way to make ends meet is to sell the boat, I wouldn't do it. You would be selling at the worst possible time. I'm not saying that you will get more for it a year or two from now but it will be a tough sell this year. Looking on boat trader, asking prices are $40k - $52k for '07s with most being in the low 40's. As nice as your boat is, it does have the manual wedge so you are probably looking at ASKING price of low $40's to sell it. Other people obviously know the economic situation too so they will be looking for great deals, not just fair deals. It is a painful reality. Anyone want to buy my '08 fully loaded Cut Diamond Hull VTX with the Hammerhead for $58k? Didn't think so.

Bottom line: You are looking at ASKING in the low $40's. However, I am not sure what the sale price would actually be if you sold it.

I was out looking at the deal street forum and noticed this discussion:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=18585

"The 07 Vride went for appx. 31k, and the 07 VTX went for appx 35k."

But it appears this was some type of auction house or repos or something and might not match your boat exactly.

Market is very tough. We bought a new 08 VLX at a price I never thought possible.

But if you have the time and must sell this year, I'd wait until the sun comes out and the water is warm. If there is someone looking a boat, then would be the best time IMO to find them.

Best of luck.

I tell all of my customers this. There has never been a better time to buy. never a wore time to sell. Think of this, If you buy a new boat right now, you WILL get a great deal. When this market turns around and you go to sell it, you should lose less on cost of ownership. Basically, price you paid low-- price you sell high.