Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Options for demo of Venom XS boot

billb

I'm not holding out much hope that the local guys will be able to help me out, but I'll be trying tomorrow. If my local guys can't help me (can only order a new boot if I buy it), does anyone have any ideas regarding how I could get a boot for my daughter to try. I've got a sweet ski that I'm hoping she'll love, but it currently has a Venom small binding(front) on it and she says the binding is too big. I'm hoping to buy the ski from some friends, but only if I can convince my daughter that it's the ski she needs. I had the same problem with my ski, so I know where she's coming from - no fit, no control, no fun.

I've tried ski-it-again and there's nothing there. I didn't pay attention (stupid). Do they have a WTB section?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Check eBay: I think I saw a Venom XS front boot there recently. Might be able to pick it up cheap enough to make it worthwhile. I think the price was in the neighborhood of $50 - $60 IIRC.

Also, are you able to crank down the high wraps on the Small? Might be able to make it enough smaller to make it snug.

I don't really want to mess with the existing boot much since it's not mine. She says there's a lot of room in there, so I figure I need to move down a complete size.

I've been watching eBay for a couple of weeks and haven't seen anything in XS.

Check Bellingham Board Sports on eBay...I think they were advertising an XS or XXS Venom but it's not there now. An email to them might yield the binding though...

Another thought is to call Wileys or Adrenaline Watersports in Seattle. Both are great stores to deal with and might have one of them lying around. XS is a pretty unusual size so it's worth a try...

The venom should have two shims in the front toe that widen the front of the boot. They are on either side of the footbed between the footbed and the EVA foam. You can try taking those out, but it will require very minor disassembly of the binding. Won't hurt anything.