Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

.eps or high res malibu logo?

scott_fx

That's a lot of Bake's photo's in there! Thumbup.gif

IF i could help i would! Malibu is protective of their logos, only Malibu and their dealers are licensed to redistribute their logo so i don't think your going to find it to be honest.

-Paul

Hello,

i've decided to 'design' a custom graphic for my sunsetter and i was wondering if anyone had a high res image or eps of the 'm' in this logo:

DecalWkstr0809_LG.jpg

thanks,

scott

What's wrong with the standard design?

I don't think you'll have a problem if you customize the malibu logo as long as it's on a malibu and not being sold for profit purposes, the problem is when you try to copy or copyright a patented design for another product or brand.

Anyone can chime in with more experience!

Are you changing anything about the logo? Any changes will be not allowed if you want to do them. Back in 2006, I did a lot of web design for car dealerships. We had logins for all the car manufactueres to get their logos in high resolution vector format. There were very strict rules that:

1. Logos cannot be modified or altered in ANY way, shape, form or color.

2. No additional image can go over the logo ever.

3. Generally, you are allowed to have the logo on any background. GENERALLY.

4. A certain amount of spacing must be given before any other additional images can be used around the perimiter.

Others had specific instructions that they must be on a white background, or a black background, etc. But no alterations were allowed at all so take that into consideration before you decide to take things further.

Also, the Wakesetter shield is specific to this specific generation of malibu's so there could be some issues with that as well. Though I imagine those are much easier to circumvent and are far less enforced.

Good luck with the logo experimentation. I hope it turns out well for you in the long run. Malibu is very reasonable, and I suspect they're willing to help out.

Are you changing anything about the logo? Any changes will be not allowed if you want to do them. Back in 2006, I did a lot of web design for car dealerships. We had logins for all the car manufactueres to get their logos in high resolution vector format. There were very strict rules that:

1. Logos cannot be modified or altered in ANY way, shape, form or color.

2. No additional image can go over the logo ever.

3. Generally, you are allowed to have the logo on any background. GENERALLY.

4. A certain amount of spacing must be given before any other additional images can be used around the perimiter.

Others had specific instructions that they must be on a white background, or a black background, etc. But no alterations were allowed at all so take that into consideration before you decide to take things further.

Also, the Wakesetter shield is specific to this specific generation of malibu's so there could be some issues with that as well. Though I imagine those are much easier to circumvent and are far less enforced.

Good luck with the logo experimentation. I hope it turns out well for you in the long run. Malibu is very reasonable, and I suspect they're willing to help out.

oh.. i'm not trying to sell the design. just trying to change up the look of my boat to make it a bit more modern. All of the rules that you mentioned are for advertising. i'm pretty sure that doing a one off on my personal boat that wont be getting any sponsorship or 'airtime' will clear me of any law suits. at least i hope :P

68slalom;

no issues with that design. i have a '98 sunsetter so the hulls would be a bit different and i wasn't going to alter the design, just incorporate the 'm' into something unique for me. just kind of brain storming anyways...

• 1 year later...

oh.. i'm not trying to sell the design. just trying to change up the look of my boat to make it a bit more modern. All of the rules that you mentioned are for advertising. i'm pretty sure that doing a one off on my personal boat that wont be getting any sponsorship or 'airtime' will clear me of any law suits. at least i hope :P

68slalom;

no issues with that design. i have a '98 sunsetter so the hulls would be a bit different and i wasn't going to alter the design, just incorporate the 'm' into something unique for me. just kind of brain storming anyways...

Try www.brandsoftheworld.com. There are a ton of logos... I saw the Malibu logo when I was going to design my own graphics too.